10 credits, FHEQ4
Are you seeking CPD opportunities for staff within your organisation? Get in touch to discuss your training needs.
This 30 hour (FHEQ4, 10 credit) Programme of Study is designed to provide vocational teachers in the FE and Skills Sector with the underpinning knowledge and skills to be able to plan and deliver Functional English to vocational learners . It is suitable for vocational teachers who wish to deliver Functional English, and for those who wish to gain formal accreditation. This programme is designed to meet the needs of non-subject specialists. You should ideally have a level 3 English qualification or be able to demonstrate this level of competence.
|Starts||Please contact us to register your interest in this course.|
|Qualification||10 credits FHEQ4|
No previous qualifications required.
IELTS 6.5 or equivalent (speaking and listening at 7.0) with no other component below 6.0.
|Length||Flexible delivery models available - either 3 full days or 6 half days.|
|Contact||Please use our contact page to send us an enquiry.|
The programme of study will focus on the following:
1. Knowledge of the requirements for skill development and assessment of Functional English from Entry level to level 2, standards, assessment and barriers to literacy and English learning.
2. Promoting Functional English: how vocational teachers can promote opportunities to develop and support Functional English in the vocational curriculum
3. Supporting English: strategies and resources to support the development of Literacy skills from Entry to Level 2 through a problem solving approach
4. Assessing Functional English: knowledge of assessment processes and a clear understanding of the standardisation process
5. Supporting learners with particular Literacy needs: strategies and resources to support dyslexic and second language students
6. Project – development of a practical Functional English project within a specified curriculum area; presentation of projects to peers; CPD; progression
Assessment of knowledge and competence is gathered by completion of a summative Functional English 2,000 word project.
Flexible delivery models available – either 3 full days or 6 half days.
Elizabeth White, Programme Lead