10 credits, FHEQ4
Are you seeking CPD opportunities for staff within your organisation? Get in touch to discuss your training needs.
This 30 hour (FHEQ4, 10 credit) Programme of Study is designed to provide vocational teachers in the FE and Skills Sector with the underpinning knowledge and skills to be able to plan and deliver Functional Mathematics to vocational learners. It is suitable for vocational teachers who wish to deliver Functional Mathematics, and for those who wish to gain formal accreditation. This programme is designed to meet the needs of non-subject specialists. You should ideally have a level 3 Maths qualification or be able to demonstrate this level of competence.
|Starts||Please contact us to register your interest in this course.|
|Qualification||10 credits FHEQ4|
No previous qualifications required.
IELTS 6.5 or equivalent (speaking and listening at 7.0) with no other component below 6.0.
|Length||Flexible delivery models available – either 3 full days or 6 half days.|
|Contact||Please use our Contact page to send us an enquiry|
The programme of study will focus on the following:
1. Knowledge of the requirements for skill development and assessment of Functional Mathematics from Entry level to level 2, standards, assessment and barriers to numeracy and maths learning.
2. Promoting Functional Mathematics: how vocational teachers can promote opportunities to develop and support Functional Mathematics in the vocational curriculum
3. Supporting Numeracy: strategies and resources to support the development of numeracy skills from Entry to Level 2 through a problem solving approach
4. Assessing Functional Mathematics: knowledge of assessment processes and a clear understanding of the standardisation process
5. Supporting learners with particular numeracy needs: strategies and resources to support dyslexic and second language students
6. Project – development of a practical Functional Mathematics project within a specified curriculum area; presentation of projects to peers; CPD; progression
Assessment of knowledge and competence is gathered by completion of a summative Functional Mathematics 2,000 word project.
Elizabeth White, ITT tutor