10 credits, Level 1
Are you seeking CPD opportunities for staff within your organisation? Get in touch to discuss your training needs.
This 30 hour (HE level 1, 10 credit) Programme of Study is designed to provide vocational staff in the FE and Skills Sector with the underpinning knowledge and skills to be able to plan and support the development of their learners’ Functional English, mathematics and ICT skills. It is suitable for vocational teachers with little or no awareness of Functional Skills, and/or for those who wish to gain formal accreditation.
|Starts||Please contact us to register your interest in this course.|
|Qualification||10 credits HE Level 1|
No previous qualifications required.
IELTS 6.5 or equivalent (speaking and listening at 7.0) with no other component below 6.0.
|Length||Flexible delivery models available – either 3 full days or 6 half days.|
|Contact||Please use our Contact page to send us an enquiry|
The programme of study will focus on the following:
• Functional Skills Awareness: scale of need, standards, assessment and the needs of learners with poor/weak Functional skills
• Embedding Functional Skills: how vocational staff can promote opportunities to develop skills and support Functional English, mathematics and ICT in the vocational curriculum
• Supporting English: strategies and resources to support the development of reading, writing and speaking and listening skills through a problem solving approach
• Supporting Maths: strategies and resources to support the development of mathematical skills through a problem solving approach
• Supporting ICT: strategies and resources to support the development of ICT skills
• Functional Skills Project: development of a practical Functional Skills project within the practitioner’s own curriculum area; presentation of projects to peers; CPD; progression
Assessment of knowledge and competence is gathered by completion of a summative Functional Skills 2,000 word project.
Delivery can be flexible, around full taught days or evening sessions. Speak to the contact below for more details.
Elizabeth White, ITT tutor