Level 5 15 credits
The Level 5 'Supporting Teachers to Deliver GCSE Mathematics' CPD Module programme aims to prepare and support teachers to deliver GCSE mathematics courses in the Further Education and Training sector - especially those teaching 16-19 year olds who are re-sitting the course.
Are you seeking CPD opportunities for staff within your organisation? Get in touch to discuss your training needs.
Please contact us to register your interest in this course.
|Qualification||15 credits NQF Level 5|
Tutors must hold a maths qualification at GCSE grade A*-C or higher (please note: functional maths is not sufficient)
• Hold a generic teaching qualification e.g. DET/ DTLLS/ CET/ CTLLS/ Cert Ed / PGCE
Flexible delivery models available – either 5 full days or 10 half days.
|Contact||Please use our contact page to send us an enquiry.|
During the course, you will:
• Analyse factors that might have disengaged GCSE learners and apply strategies for motivating and engaging them
• Apply active learning strategies and connected, challenging teaching methods to make GCSE mathematics teaching more effective
• Use a range of assessment for learning strategies and adapt teaching to meet the needs of individual learners
• Deepen your own understanding of GCSE content, self-evaluate and plan to develop your personal subject knowledge as necessary
• Critically reflect on their practice and identify ways to improve practice
Assessment of knowledge and competence is gathered by completion of a summative 2,500 word assignment,
Seminar presentation and Personal Development Plan
30 hours contact which is delivered over 5 full days or 10 half days. An online forum has been set-up for participants to discuss issues raised by the course, and share links to other learning materials.