In May 2013, the Minister for Skills approved a strategy to expand 16-19 English, maths and special educational needs (SEN) provision and to raise attainment in these areas within the FE sector.
The Post-14 Education Workforce Programme will manage the delivery of this strategy through three key strands: recruitment of high-calibre graduates into the FE sector; provision of CPD in maths, English and SEN specialisms; and improving teaching and learning practice through innovation and dissemination.
WMCETT has been tasked by the Education and Training Foundation and ACETT to work with key stakeholders to identify good practice across the programme priority areas and disseminate across the broad sector.
- Do you deliver 16-19 maths programmes in the FE sector?
- Do you want to contribute to a national dialogue about good practice in maths teaching in the further education sector being set up by the Education and Training Foundation?
- Do you have any teaching and training strategies you would like to share with others?
- Are you interested in exploring new and different ways to deliver your maths programmes?
If so, these network events are for you!
Three good practice regional network meetings have been set up for people across the West Midlands, all to be held at the University of Warwick:
- Monday, March 3, English Good Practice Regional Network meeting, (9.30am-1pm including lunch)
- Tuesday, March 4, SEN Good Practice Regional Network meeting, (9.30am-1pm including lunch)
- Tuesday, March 4, Maths Good Practice Regional Network meeting, (9.30am-1pm including lunch)
To attend one of these meetings, please fill in the registration form on the right, and return to WMCETT Project Manager Julie Chamberlain at J.firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Julie Chamberlain, WMCETT, Centre for Lifelong Learning, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL.