WMCETT won a bid to the Education and Training Foundation to trial an approach to the training of post-16 teacher trainers in early 2017.
After a successful pilot programme, the course was run through the Education and Training Foundation booking system in Coventry, and is now available for teacher educators in the south east region. There is more information on this flyer .
Places are now being offered on the four-day programme which is aimed at enhancing the quality of initial teacher education (ITE) in the further education and training sector. The cost per person is £325, or £276.25 for SET members.
|Course||Venue||Dates||How to apply|
|Training for Further Education
|Reading College, Reading||
Online interaction on or before March 29
Full-day classroom sessions Thursdays April 19, 26,
May 3 and 10.
The aims are that this course will:
- Provide participants with CPD that is relevant and supported with high-quality innovative resources, ensuring participants have a clear understanding of the sector-wide landscape of initial teacher training.
- Allow participants to understand and develop systems to initially assess, support and effectively progress trainee teachers within robust and rigorous quality assurance processes.
- Enable participants to acquire the knowledge and resources to deliver and assess a ‘common curricula’ at Levels 4 and 5 and to develop the skills to train, observe, coach and mentor trainee teachers to become critically reflective, ‘outstanding’ practitioners.
- Model effective, evidence-based practice during delivery and the innovative use of new technologies to inspire and energise candidates to use elearning effectively.
- Raise awareness of key sector development areas of English, maths, digital literacy and employability skills which will be embedded as core themes throughout.
There will be a requirement for all participants to develop a post-course action plan for continuing professional development linked to skills, knowledge and attributes.
Who is this four-day module for?
- For those teaching the DET, CET or Award, or planning to soon
- Those keen to progress in teacher education
It is relevant across all sectors, and for those working with awarding body or HEI provision.
How to apply
This course will be held at Reading College in Kings Road, Reading, RG! 4HJ, on Thursdays April 19, 26, May 3 and 10, with refreshments and lunch provided. Participants will be asked to bring along a laptop with small earphones, and access to wifi will be provided.
To apply for this course, please see the Education and Training Foundation booking system here .
If you have any queries, please contact WMCETT project manager Julie Chamberlain on J.email@example.com .