WMCETT has been delivering a strand of the Education and Training Foundation’s Professional Exchange #2 programme.
We established the West Midlands Learning Consortium to run one of the pilot projects for a Professional Exchange across the wider West Midlands region. It consisted of eight free events across the region, with details of content shaped by those who wished to attend.
As well as stating what CPD they would benefit from, participants were also asked what benefit they could bring to the event. After each event, contact has continueed via an online forum, and participants were supported to continue networking.
We are now holding a follow-up event, which all the original participants are being invited to attend - plus other people who would like to get involved with the Professional Exchange at this stage. The event is FREE and is on Thursday, November 17 at the University of Warwick's Westwood campus in Coventry.
Particpants will be able to:
- Feed back on changes made if they took part in the first round of workshops
- Let us know in advance of other topics they would like to see covered
- Share effective practice, useful experiences and good resources in a range of specialist workshops with expert facilitators
- Hear presentations from a number of people about changes they have made in their organisation following the first eight CPD eventsHear a keynote speaker from the Education and Training Foundation
- Network over a free lunch
- Share resources and ask questions on our online forum afterwards
This is the schedule for the day. People who have attended previous Professional Exchange events should be there for the subject area they attended but are welcome to arrive earlier / stay later to attend other relevant ones. New participants are all invited to arrive for 9.15 and take part all day:
9.15am Refreshments for first arrivals
10.30-10.30am SEND workshop with Catriona Mowat (incl focus on visual stimuli to create a lesson) Improving quality of teaching and learning (with little CPD budget) workshop with Lynne Taylerson
10.30-10.45am Refreshments for all
10.45 - 11.45am Presentations from some people who took part in earlier CPD days - what changes they have made since
11.45-12.15am Education and Training Foundation keynote speaker
12.15-1.15am Networking lunch
1.15 - 2.15am English workshop with Catriona Mowat (incl focus on visual stimuli to create a lesson) Maths workshop with Steve Pardoe Mowat (incl focus on visual approaches to solving maths problems) FELTAG implementing blended learning / Staying Safe in a Virtual World / Develop your Digital Capability to Support Learners' Digital Experience workshop with Lynne Taylerson (inc focus on the digital skills agenda)
2.15am Depart and collaborate further on online forum
The participants at all of these Professional Exchanges, and colleagues, are invited to attend:
- Friday, April 22, Loughborough College: Keeping safe in a virtual world
- Friday, May 20, Nova Training, Wolverhampton: SEND in work-based learning organisations
- Tuesday, May 24, Jisc webinar and follow-up networking: Develop your digital capability to support learners’ digital experience
- Wednesday, June 8: University of Warwick, Coventry: SEND across all sectors
- Monday, June 13: Heart of Worcestershire College: FELTAG: Blended learning in Practice showcase
- Wednesday, June 22: Rodbaston Campus, South Staffordshire College: Improving quality of teaching and learning
- Monday, July 4: University of Warwick, Coventry: Event for English and maths managers/practitioners
- Wednesday, July 6: Walsall College: Event for English and maths managers/practitioners
Please email WMCETT Project Manager Julie Chamberlain on J.firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm attendance by November 11.