Welcome to the website of the West Midlands FE Maths Hub! We are one of nine regional hubs that have been set up across England, providing a strategic centre for the mathematics workforce development in the region.
We have two strategic roles:
- Identifying needs for specialist maths support
- Ensuring provision to address these needs
Areas of workforce development support include:
- Teacher education and specialist teaching qualifications
- Professional development
- Supporting effective practice in mathematics
- Mathematics leadership development
We have a steering group that meets on a termly basis, and includes representatives from FE colleges, specialist colleges, work-based learning, adult education, teacher training, higher education, NANAMIC, NCETM and the Further Mathematics Support Programme (FMSP). You can read more about the MESH, and notes from its meetings, here.
On this website, you will find information about:
- Events to attend - see column on right.
- National and regional updates on what’s happening in the FE maths world
- Links to other key websites
- CPD modules that are being offered via the hub, and also by NANAMIC and other organisations
- Maths specialist teacher training
Places available now on FREE Functional Skills Mathematics and English Level 5 CPD modules - more information and how to apply here . (This pilot is now full - people can only join waiting list.)
Your organisation could host one-day maths and English resilience courses, or new three-day coaching for mathematical or English resilience courses - more information here
Resources from English & Maths Fest! 2015 on line now
On this section of the website, you will find information about:
Resources and powerpoint presentations from Maths Fest 2014!, two one-day workshop days held in July 2014.
National and regional updates on what’s happening in the FE maths world
Links to other key websites
Maths specialist teacher training