WMCETT have arranged a series of FREE follow up days for teachers who have recently completed a GCSE Maths Enhancement Programme, and who are teaching (or intending to teach) GCSE maths in the FE and Skills sector.
The follow-up days will build on the approaches of the Enhancement Programme. There will be structured input, but also opportunities for teachers to raise issues, share ideas and network. Participants will be asked to bring examples of activities and resources to share with colleagues.
The network days aim to:
- explore the needs of learners re-taking GCSE and the implications for curriculum designdiscuss concerns and solutions raised by participants in delivering GCSE maths
- share good practice and resources for teaching and learning GCSE maths
Four network days have been arranged across the region, each facilitated by an experienced Maths Enhancement Professional Development Lead. PLEASE NOTE TWO OF THESE DATES HAVE NOW BEEN CHANGED FROM THE ORIGINAL ONES PUBLICISED.
- Birmingham Adult Education (Aston) Thursday, 23 October
- Walsall Adult & Community College Friday, 7 November FULL
- Stoke-on-Trent College, Wednesday, 26 November
- University of Warwick , Coventry Friday, 28 November
Each event will start at 09:30 and finish at 15:30, with a light lunch and refreshments provided. Places are limited, and will be allocated on a strictly first come/first served basis.
To register for a place, e-mail WMCETT Project Manager Julie Chamberlain - J.Chamberlain@warwick.ac.uk - making clear which follow up day you are applying for, and stating your name, organisation, contact e-mail and phone number, and any specific dietary or access requirements.