Supporting Maths & English in the West Midlands
FREE one-day events aimed at maths & English teachers, trainers and managers in the FE and skills sector
***** BOOKING NOW CLOSED FOR ALL EVENTS ******
- Monday 8 June: University of Warwick, Coventry (English afternoon session full)
- Wednesday 10 June: Heart of Worcestershire College, Worcester
- Tuesday 16 June: Birmingham Adult Education Service, Aston (ALL SESSIONS FULL)
- Friday 19 June: Stoke-on-Trent College
These events offer an opportunity for managers and practitioners to get together to share and address some of the major challenges being faced, and explore how they might take things forward within their organisations.
10:00 to 12:30 – Strategic & management issues
Aimed at managers and lead practitioners, the morning session will:
- Provide an update on relevant topics e.g. new GCSEs, Core maths, ETF initiatives
- Examine ways to develop staff capacity
- Explore marketing strategies and ways of motivating & engaging learners
- Discuss how you can organise maths & English delivery effectively and efficiently.
13:30 to 16:00 – Effective teaching & learning
Aimed at both specialist and vocational teachers, the afternoon session will:
- Introduce example resources for functional skills & maths / English GCSE delivery taken from the current round of CPD workshops
- Explore ways of motivating and engaging younger learners
- Share ideas for developing and adapting approaches to maths / English learning in different contexts e.g. group and 1:1 delivery.
(Note: there will be separate sessions for maths and English.)
An important part of the day will be the opportunity to explore support that is available regionally and nationally, and to highlight unmet needs to be fed back to regional and national bodies.
A light lunch and refreshments will be provided.
How to book your place:
For further information please contact Julie Chamberlain on 024 7615 0661.