BA (Hons) Degree
If you have an interest in working with children and young people, the BA in Early Years Professional Studies (EYPS) is for you.
It provides a coherent progression route to a Warwick Honours Degree, for students who have been awarded a Foundation Degree in Early Years or relevant subject. You may study the 120 credits (Level 6) on a part-time or full-time basis. The programme is suitable if you wish to combine study with other commitments and promotes a range of academic, key and subject specific skills. It builds on prior experience and learning and offers innovative teaching and learning experiences.
If you wish to take your study further, the degree will also offer a preparation for further study at Masters Level or for application to Initial Teacher Training courses.
|Starts||Monday 2 October 2017|
|Day and time||Dependent on year of study - evenings and occasional Saturdays|
|Fee||See Student fees and funding for more information|
|Venue||Westwood Campus, University of Warwick|
|Entry requirements||Sector-Endorsed Foundation Degree in Early Years
External applicants are normally interviewed by the course selector
|Length||Full-time from October 2018 - July 2019
Part-time from October 2018 - July 2020
Please use our Contact page to send us an enquiry.
The closing date for applications for this course is 31 August 2018.
The course will start week commencing on Monday 1 October 2018.
Areas of study
- Leadership and Management Principles
- International Perspectives on Early Childhood
- Research Skills
- Conducting a research study into an aspect of professional practice
Is it for you? Yes if:
- You have a Foundation Degree and are interested or involved in furthering your knowledge and understanding of early childhood
- You are working or wishing to pursue a career in teaching or working with professional organisations associated with very young children
- You work or are interested in working with children in a number of contexts and settings e.g. private day care, pre-schools and childminders
- You work or are planning to work in primary schools and/or children’s centres
How does it work?
- A modular structure linking theory and reflective practice
- Sessions take place one or two evenigns per week
- Flexible delivery methods including seminars, workshops, supervision and private study
- The BA (EYPS) is nationally accepted as a qualification for those working within early years provision
What are the benefits?
- Extend your personal and professional underpinning knowledge and understanding of early years
- Raise your status as a graduate reflective practioner
- Achieve an Honours degree from a top university
- Build up your confidence and communication skills
- Be on a recognised pathway towards further certificated professional status, e.g. EYT/QTS
What do I need to do next?
- You will be sent an application form and meet the Director of the Early Years programme.
- GCSE (Grade C or above, or equivalent) in English is an advantage
The programme comprises:
|Year 1||120 credits (4 x 30 credit modules)|
|Year 1||60 credits (2 x 30 credit modules)|
|Year 2||60 credits (2 x 30 credit modules)|