The key aims and objectives of this Grundtvig adult education project are:
- to identify the learning processes which enable (non-traditional) adult students in HE to become independent reflective learners (to include study skills, self management, reflective processes and timings, learning to learn, analysing learning and teaching styles, interaction with lecturers and peers, institutional support and structures)
- to identify how this process could be better supported before, within and at the end of study in terms of materials, systems, staff/lecturers, web support, peers, family/friends
- to examine the interface between learning from experience and academic learning - the overlaps and conjunctions - and how experience may help academic learning and future learning, including in the workplace
- to identify models of good practice in higher education institutions to share across Europe through workshops and conferences
- to produce resource materials for both adult students and tutors
A student questionnaire has been produced.
A lecturer questionnaire has been produced.
These are links to the web pages of some of the partners in the project: