Supply Chain Operations Degree Apprenticeship
Launch an exciting career by joining our Airbus Apprenticeship programme!
Airbus Apprentices receive second to none training, gaining the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to enable you to make an immediate contribution when you enter their workforce.
Airbus in the UK design, manufacture and manage the Supply Chain for Wings, Landing Gear and Fuel Systems on all Airbus Commercial Aircraft. Manufacture of Wings is performed at the world class Broughton Production facility whilst design and Supply Chain management is based in Filton, Bristol.
If you are interested in this degree apprenticeship apply directly with Airbus.
What will you gain?
The 4 year Supply Chain Operations Degree Apprenticeship gives you the opportunity to gain valuable experience within this vital department, supporting the wide range of innovative aircraft produced by Airbus. Through this apprenticeship you’ll gain a full understanding of manufacturing and engineering with a focus on Supply Chain Operations, and learn how to apply this knowledge within a ‘virtual factory’ environment.
You will gain a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering through the Applied Engineering Programme delivered by Warwick University, studying via a combination of block release weeks at the university and on-the-job work at our world leading engineering and manufacturing site in Filton, Bristol.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
In order to be eligible for this apprenticeship opportunity, candidates must have a minimum of:
- Two A Levels including a minimum grade B in Maths and a minimum grade C in Physics/Chemistry.
- Six GCSEs at grade C or 4, or above, which must include Maths, English Language and Science.
Start date: September 2019
Closing date for applications: 31st March 2019
Location: Combination of block release weeks here at Warwick university and on-the-job work at the Airbus manufacturing site in Filton, Bristol.
- Your role will be varied, developing your skills in managing key suppliers across a wide range of sectors and through disciplines such as machining and fabricating, ensuring full management of both capability and capacity of our suppliers.
- You will underpin your engineering degree with tasks supporting the implementation of new engineering technologies, and supporting the transition from traditional engineering and manufacturing methodologies to new digital ways of working.
- Through roles within our procurement department you will support key stakeholders and develop your knowledge of negotiation and contracts, whilst learning how to ensure the cascade of key design and manufacturing information.
- In addition to your work placements and studies, there are a number of valuable training opportunities available that cover a variety of subjects, as well as encouraging you to get involved in extra-curricular education and community projects to broaden your experience and help you develop both your professional and personal skills along the way.