Manufacturing and Supplier Quality Apprenticeship
Through combining university-based learning with on-the-job training you’ll learn the latest skills and knowledge from our experts and develop in these key technical areas of our business:
Caterpillar's Manufacturing Operations Team offers a diverse work experience encompassing many different functions and disciplines including:
- Component machining
- Engine assembly
- Test and finish
- Quality management
- Manufacturing engineering
- Advanced planning
Our Supplier Quality team collaborates closely with our supply base, Engineering and other key functions to ensure our engines are built with high quality components.
Specific processes that you will learn about at first hand will be:
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), including Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Process Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Control Plans and Standard Work
- Root Cause Corrective Action processes for when defects do occur
- Process Change notifications
- Supplier Quality Excellence Program qualification
If you are interested in this degree apprenticeship apply directly with Caterpillar.
What will you gain?
There are three positions available with a starting hourly rate of £10.19 and an annual salary of £19,609.
You’ll be contracted to 37 hours per week which equates to a full-time contract.
Your typical working week will be Monday to Friday (weekends off) with working hours of Monday to Thursday – 8:30am to 4:45pm and Friday – 8:30am to 4:15pm.
You’ll have 45 minutes for lunch each day plus time for breaks.
Your working week will include time to study that will either be located at our Peterborough facility or at the facility of our partnered training provider allowing you to network and share experiences with other students further enhancing your learning.
As part of this programme apprentices are required to attend Warwick University up to 6 times per year for 1-week blocks (Monday-Friday). Apprentices will be required to travel and potentially stay over.
You will finish this apprenticeship with a nationally recognised qualification that could provide you with a competitive difference at no cost to you.
For this apprenticeship, the minimum requirement or expected requirement is to have:
- 3 GCSEs (or academic equivalents) at Grade C/Level 4 or above - must include: Maths & English
Plus at least one of the following:
- (Essential) A-Levels Maths (or academic equivalents) at Grade B or above, plus (desirable but not essential) A-Level Physics (or academic equivalents) at Grade B or above
- 2 years + work experience in a manufacturing or technical environment and pass a 2-hour face-to-face entry test (approximately 45 questions) at our partnering university in Warwick on June 27th 2019
If your application is successful you will be required to provide copies of your certificates or attend / pass the entry test before securing a place at an Assessment Centre
The excitement doesn’t end there, being a Caterpillar employee has many other benefits…
- Pension scheme -Competitive contributory company pension scheme. Company matching contribution of up to 10%.
- Share scheme -For every two shares you buy, we will give you one together with tax advantages.
- Employee discount scheme -Access to a wide variety of employee discounts in high street shops and supermarkets exclusive to Caterpillar.
- Employee assistance scheme -Counselling, financial, health and legal information and support services are provided free of charge to all employees of Caterpillar through Validium.
- Holidays -Minimum of 25 days plus bank holidays.
- Free parking -There is free parking for employees at all of our sites.