"Among UK universities, Warwick is the second most targeted by graduate employers for graduate recruitment programmes."
Warwick graduates are highly employable. This is partly due to the high academic content of our degrees but also to the emphasis we put on developing skills and ensuring that for every student the Warwick experience is highly productive. Warwick graduates go into all sorts of areas of work, from major finance, manufacturing and business organisations, to the not-for-profit sector and the creative industries.
- In 2009, over 86% of Warwick students who progressed into employment were working in graduate level jobs six months after graduating
- Warwick is one of only six UK universities in the ‘Inner Circle’ from which top city firms recruit
- Warwick is in the top three of the High Fliers group of universities highly targeted by employers
- Almost 70% of graduate jobs now don’t require a specific discipline: students are recruited on the basis of the skills they have acquired during their degree at Warwick to equip them for the world of work.
Students graduating with first degrees, 2009:
- 48% went directly into work
- 12% went into further study while they worked
- 25% continued with their studies alone
- 5% took time out
Students graduating with higher degrees, 2009:
- 76% went directly into work
- 8% went into further study while they worked
- 6% continued with their studies alone
- 4% took time out
Centre for Student Careers and Skills
An integrated service providing everything students need to develop their skills and plan for the future. Skills development opportunities cover academic, personal and career management skills, and there are tailored programmes for undergraduate, Masters and research students. The Centre works proactively with employers, external organisations and academic departments to provide resources and opportunities for work experience and graduate employment. Other innovative approaches include the online personal development tool, Warwick Advantage; our very active volunteering programme, Warwick Volunteers, and myAdvantage, our online portal for students, graduates and employers.