Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions


Visa Information



Do you have an agent/office in my country to help me with my application?

A: For information about our overseas contacts please follow this link.

How much is the application fee?

A: The application fee is £50 and will need to be paid in order for the Warwick IFP team to receive your application.

Why does the 'Apply now' button take me to a postgraduate form?

A: The 'Apply Now' button will take you to a form used by both Postgraduate and Warwick IFP applicants - you will have the option to select IFP once you have registered.


My qualification is not on your website - what should I do?

A: For a guide to the University of Warwick entry requirements click here. If you are still unsure about your eligibility, you should contact us.

Do you accept A-Level students?

A: The entry requirements for AS level students are to successfully pass at least 3 AS level exams with the minimum of a C grade in each subject. Depending
upon the programme that you would like to join, there may be specific subject requirements.

Students who are completing full A-Levels (A2) will be assessed on a case by case basis and you will need to contact the IFP team for more information
regarding the requirements.

My results will not become available until summer - what should I do?

A: We can make an informed decision based upon your predicted and current grades. You should therefore send us a High School transcript with your predicted
grades, the grade boundaries specified, which has been
verified and signed off by your school.


Do I have to upload all of my documents together?

A: No, we have a live document upload system, so you can use this to upload documents as and when you receive them.


How long does it take to receive an offer?

A: Students will usually receive an offer within 5 working days, but only if the relevant documentation is provided regarding their academic history.


Do you offer a pre-sessional English course?

A: Unfortunately we do not directly offer any pre-sessional English courses, you will have to look externally for this kind of programme.

How long is an IELTS valid for?

A: An IELTS will be valid for two years from the date the test was taken. If your IELTS expires before the course start date, you will need to take another

What are the University's bank details?

A: The University of Warwick bank details are:

Barclays Bank
Po Box 2, 25 High Street

Account Name: University of Warwick
Account Number: 80113700
Sort Code: 20-23-55
Swift Code: BARCGB22
IBAN Number: GB15BARC20235580113700

The transfer can take up to 2 weeks to reach the bank account, so if you need a receipt urgently you will need to bear this in mind; a receipt cannot be issued until the money is in the account.

Also please note that there may be bank charges applied to your transfer, so if you pay the exact amount of fees required, by the time it reaches us there
could be a shortfall. If you speak to your bank they should be able to advise you how much extra the charges will be.

When sending a transfer please include your name and University ID number (begins with 15.... and is located at the top of all university correspondence) on the documents so we can identify your payment when it reaches the university bank account.

Can I pay my deposit online?

A: Yes, the quickest way to pay your deposit will be online via the IFP website - you can now also pay your full academic fees online.

What are the term dates for 2015/16?

A: The term dates are as follows:

Term one: 14th September - 11th December 2015
Term two: 5th January - 18th March 2016
Term three: 4th April - 3rd June 2016

When do applications open for 2016/17?

A: Applications will open on the 1st of Feburary until the 31st of July 2016.


When can I start applying for my visa?

A: If you are applying for a Tier 4 visa, the earliest date you can make your application (this is the date you make payment of your Tier 4 application fees online) is 3 months before your course start date. Applications which are submitted more than 3 months before the course start date will be rejected.


What type of visa should I apply for?

A: You will need to apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa regardless of your age. This is because the University of Warwick does not have a licence for Tier 4 (child) Student visas.


Do I need additional documents if I am 16 or 17?

A: Yes. If you are applying from outside of the UK, you will need a letter from both your parents which confirms 1) their relationship with you (i.e. that are your legal parents or legal guardians); 2) they agree to your living arrangements in the UK, as well as the arrangement for your travel to and reception in the UK; and 3) they consent to you travelling independently to, and living independently in, the UK (if you will be living independently in the UK).

If you are applying from within the UK, you will need a letter from both your parents which confirms 1) their relationship with you (i.e. they are your legal parents or guardians); 2) they consent to the immigration application, and agree to your living arrangements in the UK; and 3) they consent to you living independently in the UK (if you are living independently in the UK).

If you have only one parent or legal guardian, or only one who has legal custody or whole responsibility, this must be confirmed in the letter and signed accordingly. Otherwise, the letter must be signed by both parents and legal guardians.


What is a CAS?

A: A Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) is a 'virtual document' similar to a database record. Your education provider (your 'Tier 4 sponsor') will assign a CAS to you when they give you an unconditional offer of a place on a course (usually 3 - 4 months before the start-date of your course).

Each CAS has a unique reference number and contains information about the course of study and your personal details.

We will tell you your CAS reference number. You will also be advised about the information that was used when the CAS was assigned, such as the course details, the documents used to assess your suitability and the course fees. You will need to ensure that all of the information provided to us is correct as you will need to includethese details in your Tier 4 visa application.

You can only enrol on the Warwick IFP with a Tier 4 visa if it has been issued using a CAS assigned by the University of Warwick. You cannot use a CAS from another institution to apply for a Tier 4 visa to study on the Warwick International Foundation Programme.

A CAS is valid if it:

Contains the same details as are in your passport, was assigned no more than 6 months before you make your visa application, has not been withdrawn or cancelled by the Home Office or by us and has not already been used for an application.

You cannot use a CAS more than once. If your application is refused, and you want to apply again, another CAS will need to be assigned to you. The University of Warwick reserves the right not to assign a second CAS if there is not enough time for you to apply for and be granted a Tier 4 visa before the latest start date of your course.

 My CAS needs changing or updating - how can I do this?

A: You should email the IFP team as soon as you spot an error or need an update - we can then amend the information on your CAS by adding a 'Sponsor's Note' to your CAS via a shared database system with the UKVI.


My visa application has been refused, what should I do now?

A: You will need to notify the IFP team straight away. You should also complete an online 'CAS request after visa refusal' form so that the Immigration Team can contact you to offer further advice.


Where can I find out more information about applying for a visa?

A: You can use the official government website, or you can follow this link to the Warwick Immigration Service pages.

Can I apply to other universities upon completion of the IFP?

A: Yes, the IFP Certificate of Completion is accepted by many other universities; over 75% of our students have progressed to a Russell Group University other
than Warwick.

 What is a 'Russell Group' university?

A: The Russell Group represents 24 leading UK universities which are committed to maintaining the very best research, an outstanding teaching and learning
experience and unrivalled links with business and the public sector. For more information, visit