This is a competitive scholarship based on academic merit and financial need and it has been made possible thanks to a generous donation from the Albukhary Foundation, a charity based in Malaysia with a focus on facilitating access to world-class education.
Previously, this scholarship has provided £20,000 of funding to each of our scholars for the duration of their undergraduate course. In 2020/21 and in 2021/22 we welcomed 10 Albukhary scholars to Warwick respectively.
Eligible international applicants have been contacted with details on how to formally apply for this scholarship, and the application portal is now open.
The eligibility criteria for 2022/23 entry is as follows:
- Be a national from one of the following countries*:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, British Overseas Territories, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Dijibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, DR Congo, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montserrat, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn Islands, Republic of Congo, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Korea, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St Helena, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent, Grenadines, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Taiwan ROC, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Trinidad & Tobago, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
*Proof of nationality will be requested when a scholarship is offered.
- Be in receipt of a conditional or unconditional offer of study for a full-time three year undergraduate course listed below. To be considered you must have applied for this course before the UCAS application deadline of the 26th January 2022.
- BSc Accounting and Finance
- BEng Automotive Engineering
- BEng Biomedical Systems Engineering
- BEng Civil Engineering
- BEng Computer Systems Engineering
- BASc Global Sustainable Development & Business Studies
- BSc Economics
- BSc Economics and Industrial Organisation
- BSc/BA Economics, Politics and International Studies
- BSc/BA Economics, Psychology & Philosophy
- BASc Economic Studies & Global Sustainable Development
- BEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- BEng Electronic Engineering
- BEng Engineering
- BEng Engineering Business Management
- BSc/BA Philosophy, Politics and Economics
- BSc Management
- BEng Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering
- BEng Mechanical Engineering
- BSc MORSE
- BEng Systems Engineering
Applications have now closed.
If you have any further questions please visit our Albukhary FAQ page.
The deadline for this scholarship for 2022 entry has now passed.
Details for 2023 entry will be available on this webpage in due course.