Who funds these scholarships?
The Albukhary Foundation, a charity based in Malaysia with a focus on facilitating access to world-class education.
How many scholarships are available?
Up to 10 Albukhary scholarships will be available for 2022 entry.
What do the scholarships cover?
The Albukhary scholarship provides a maximum of £20,000 over three years. An individual’s financial need is taken into consideration during the selection process, meaning scholarship offers may vary. The scholarships are not deducted from the tuition fees but are awarded as a living stipend.
How do I demonstrate financial need?
Shortlisted candidates for these scholarships will be asked to provide a personal statement indicating financial need and may be required to provide other financial statements as evidence in support of their financial need claim. Statements from shortlisted applicants will be shared with the Albukhary Foundation.
How do I apply for these scholarships?
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a national of one of the countries listed here.
- Be in receipt of a conditional or unconditional offer of study for a full-time three year undergraduate course in the following subject areas: Business, Economics and Engineering. You can find the list of courses here.Link opens in a new window
- Have applied for this course starting in 2022 before the UCAS application deadline of 26th January 2022
- If you are eligible to apply for the scholarships, you will be contacted, and you can then apply online through our application portal.
How do I receive an offer to study at Warwick?
In order to receive an offer, you must first apply to the University. You make your application to us through Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS). More information on making your application through UCAS is available on the UCAS website. The UCAS institution code for the University of Warwick is W20. In order to be eligible for this scholarship you must apply before the UCAS application deadline of 26th January.
Do I need to include my intention to apply for these scholarships on my UCAS form?
No. There is no need to include anything relating to this scholarship on your UCAS form.
Can I apply for admission to a course at the university and a scholarship at the same time?
You must first apply for a course at the university through UCAS, before the UCAS deadline of 26th January. You will then be invited to apply for the Albukhary Scholarship if you meet the eligibility criteria.
Can I apply for any course and then apply for these scholarships?
Only candidates who have an offer for a full-time three-year undergraduate course in the areas of Business, Economics and Engineering are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Can I apply for more than one scholarship?
Yes, you can apply for multiple scholarships, just make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria for any scholarships you are applying for.
If I want to apply for a four-year course at Warwick – am I eligible to apply for this scholarship?
Unfortunately, this scholarship only covers three-year courses.
I have applied for an International Foundation Programme – am I eligible to apply for this scholarship?
No, unfortunately you are not eligible for this scholarship if you have applied for an International Foundation Programme.
If I am awarded an Albukhary Scholarship will I be able to take a year out (i.e internship/year in industry or year abroad) and will I continue to receive my scholarship?
Scholarships are awarded for three year degree courses and do not cover year in industry placements study abroad programmes or integrated Master’s. If you are considering extending your course in this way, please contact us. The Foundation will only agree to scholars completing an additional year in exceptional circumstances and your scholarship will not be awarded during the additional time period.
If I am awarded an Albukhary Scholarship, can I work and study at the same time?
All students who need a Student Visa to study at the University of Warwick are allowed to work for up to 20 hours per week during term time and full time during any vacation periods. This also applies to students who have secured the Albukhary Scholarship. More information about Student Route visas please visit our Immigration pages.
Are there any requirements in order to continue to receive the scholarship?
The scholarship is subjected to satisfactory performance and academic results. Scholars will be required to report annually on their progress to the Foundation. They also may be invited to attend events organised by the Foundation or University and support the recruitment of further scholars. A detailed scholarship agreement will be provided for the successful candidates.
What is the deadline for applying for this scholarship?
The deadline is 5:00pm on 28th March 2022 BST.
Who will review my application?
A selection panel at the University will review all applications. Shortlisted candidates for the Albukhary scholarships will also be reviewed by the Albukhary Foundation. By applying for this scholarship you are agreeing for the University to share your application with the Albukhary Foundation.
How will I know if I have been successful with my scholarship application?
The University will start assessing applications as offers are made by Admissions. You will be notified of the outcome of your application via email once all applications have been assessed and we have met with the Foundation.
When will I receive a decision?
Results are anticipated to be released in late July, though this is subject to change.
Will I be required to provide updates on my academic progress?
Yes. We are required to provide an annual report to the Foundation, therefore we will contact you each academic year and ask you to complete a short scholarship report. You may also be required to attend events for donors (virtually or in person).
How will you be using my data?
All data held by the University of Warwick is stored and processed according to the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679. Your data will be held securely by the University and shared by our academic and administrative departments for the purpose of administering the scholarship programme and enable fundraising and alumni engagement activities to:
- administer the scholarship programme and to review the types of opportunities recipients could benefit from, the University reserves the right to collate data relating to your engagement with your studies, development opportunities and volunteering activities recorded by academic departments and professional services teams throughout the University.
- raise the profile of the programme, and to enable fundraising and alumni engagement activities, the University may share the content of your annual reports with alumni, donors and corporate sponsors to generate support for further scholarships. Donors and organisations who fund scholarships like to know who is benefitting from their donation.
- For this reason, the University may share some information from your application form and details of your ongoing progress with the Albukhary Foundation. This is always done in liaison with Development and Alumni Engagement. Further details can be found in the scholarship agreement that successful applicants will be asked to sign.
If I have a question that is not answered here, who can I contact?
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org