British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM 2023
This year, in partnership with the British Council the University of Warwick is proud to announce five fully funded scholarships for female students from Turkey interested in pursuing master’s studies in a range of subject areas.
Each of these scholarships covers full tuition fees, monthly stipends, a return economy class ticket and other study-related costs such as IELTS exam fee, visa application and NHS surcharge.
Eligibility and selection of scholars:
The following guidelines will be considered for the selection of scholars. Scholars must:
- Be a woman (including those who identify as a woman).
- Be a passport holder and permanent resident of one of the eligible countries: Turkey
- Have submitted an application to study one of the following postgraduate programmes at the University of Warwick:
- MSc Humanitarian EngineeringLink opens in a new window
- MSc Humanitarian Engineering with SustainabilityLink opens in a new window
- MSc Humanitarian Engineering with ManagementLink opens in a new window
- MSc Intelligent Manufacturing SystemsLink opens in a new window
- MSc Healthcare Operational ManagementLink opens in a new window
- MSc Sustainable Automotive Electrification
- MSc Cyber Security ManagementLink opens in a new window
- MSc in Public HealthLink opens in a new window
- MSc in Interdisciplinary Biomedical ResearchLink opens in a new window
- MSc in Health ResearchLink opens in a new window
- MSc Analytical Sciences and InstrumentationLink opens in a new window
- MSc Polymer ChemistryLink opens in a new window
- MSc Biotechnology, Bioprocessing and Business ManagementLink opens in a new window
- MSc Medical Biotechnology and Business ManagementLink opens in a new window
- MSc Environmental Bioscience in a Changing ClimateLink opens in a new window
- MSc Sustainable Crop Production: Agronomy for the 21st CenturyLink opens in a new window
- MSc Food SecurityLink opens in a new window
- MASc Global Sustainable DevelopmentLink opens in a new window
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree to enable you to gain entry onto one of the postgraduate programmes listed above by the time you submit your application.
- Have meet the English language requirement of the master's programme you have applied for by the 21st April 2023.
- Have not previously studied at degree level or higher in the UK or lived recently in the UK.
- Demonstrate a case for financial support.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended.
You are also required to show in your application form that:
- You are active in the field with work experience or with a proven interest in the programme area you are applying for
- You are willing to demonstrate future contribution to capacity-building and socio-economic advancement through the benefits achieved after graduating from UK higher education and returning to your home country
- You can demonstrate a plan and passion to engage other women and girls in STEM from your home country
- You agree that your personal data being shared with the British Council as a condition of applying for the bursary
- If you are awarded a scholarship, you agree to maintain contact with the British Council and act as an ambassador for the UK and engage with activities as part of a British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM alumnus during and after your study in the UK. Any involvement in these activities during your study in the UK will take up no more than five hours per term.
You are not eligible for a British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM if you:
- Hold dual British citizenship
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies/High Commissions; the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy; Department for International Trade; the Ministry of Defence; and the Home Office)
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative of an employee of the British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM
- Are currently in receipt of financial support or funding towards your study programme in the UK from any other source
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship or a UK institutional scholarship/financial bursary.
How to apply:
You can submit an application to the scholarship by completing the following application formLink opens in a new window. The deadline for applications is 22nd May 2023.
Please visit the British Council website for further information: Scholarships and funding | Study UK (britishcouncil.org)
If you have any questions regarding this scholarship, or other postgraduate scholarships available at Warwick, please contact email@example.com
The University will consider application fee waiver requests from candidates applying for the British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM. Please complete the appropriate web request form when submitting your application.