Warwick Undergraduate Global Excellence Scholarship
Brilliant minds have always been welcome at Warwick.
We believe there should be no barrier to talent. That's why we are committed to offering a scholarship that makes it easier for gifted, ambitious international learners to pursue their academic interests at one of the UK's most prestigious universities. In 2020 the University of Warwick announced a generous scholarship scheme to help international fee paying students with tuition fees for 2021 entry and we’re delighted to confirm that the scheme has been approved to run again for students joining us in September 2022 and 2023. Our Warwick Undergraduate Global Excellence Scholarship is your invitation to join us in the creation of knowledge that can change both the world, and your own career opportunities. It is our way of showing that there is no barrier to talent.
In the first year of the scheme Warwick awarded scholarships totalling approximately £2.75million to students from more than 60 different countries.
2022 Award details
250 scholarships will be awarded to exceptional students who hold an offer to study at the University of Warwick for 2022 entry. These scholarship awards will include the following amounts:
- 20 x Full fee scholarships including 5 awards dedicated to students from the Ashinaga Association, to be awarded per year for duration of Undergraduate course
- 160 x £13,000 scholarships per year for duration of Undergraduate course
- 70 x £2,000 scholarships per year for duration of Undergraduate course
To apply for this scholarship, you must:
- Be self-funded*
- Be classed as an 'overseas' or ‘international-fee paying’ student for tuition fee purposes
- Have applied for a full-time undergraduate course at the University of Warwick starting in 2022 before the UCAS application deadline of 26 January 2022. The course can be from any subject area (including our Foundation courses, but excluding the MBChB course). For a full list of our undergraduate courses, please visit our study pages.
- Submit the scholarship application before 23.59 on Monday 28th February 2022
- By 20th May 2022 you must be in receipt of an offer of a place to study at Warwick starting September 2022
You are considered to be a self-funded student if you are financing your studies with your own savings or if you are receiving financial assistance from family or friends. If you take out a student loan to cover the cost of your studies you are also considered to be self-funded.
You are not self-funded if your fees are being paid by your employer or a third party (other than family and friends) or if you are in receipt of a study grant or scholarship external to the University.
How to apply for the scholarship
Applications for this scholarship will open in the first quarter of 2022. Please note you will be notified when the application portal opens and this webpage will be updated. Eligible international applicants who apply to study an undergraduate degree or International Foundation Programme at the University of Warwick will be contacted with details on how to formally apply for the scholarship when the application portal opens.
Applicants will be required to answer the question “What makes you excellent?”
The objective is to learn more about what motivates you, how your excellence might benefit the Warwick community and how you hope your learning and experience at Warwick will help you make the World a better place once you graduate.
Answers can reference academic attainment, extracurricular successes and personal achievement but should not be a copy of the personal statement. You may write in essay or extended bullet point form but please don’t simply write a list. You should provide context and relevance to the objectives above. Responses are limited to 400 words.
If you have any further questions please take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions webpage: Warwick Global Excellence Scholarship FAQs
Please read the terms and conditions of this scholarship carefully and ensure that you understand the conditions of the scholarship you have applied for: Warwick Undergraduate Global Excellence Scholarship Terms and Conditions
If you are eligible and you would like to have the opportunity to apply for this scholarship, then you will need to submit your UCAS application for an Undergraduate course at the University of Warwick for 2022 entry by 26 January 2022. Further details on how to apply for the scholarship will then follow.