• First Degree with minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division for those willing to undertake a master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized University.
• Gained Admission into a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines in a foreign University.
• Bond of good conduct from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan.
a. Member of National Assembly.
b. Chairman of the LGA.
c. First class traditional ruler.
d. High Court Judge
The objective of of this scholarship is to provide funding for academic staff to undergo postgraduate training leading to the award of master's or doctorate degrees in Nigeria or abroad.
· Sponsorship for master's programmes will be for a maximum of 1 year while doctoral candidates will receive sponsorship for a maximum of 3 years.
· First Degree with minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division for those willing to undertake a master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized University.
· Gained Admission into a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines in a foreign University.
· Must be recommended for the scholarship by the University.
Education Trust Fund (ETF) also known as the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) is the scholarship scheme for teaching staff training and development. The broad objective of this initiative is to break the unhealthy culture of in-breeding of academic staff by exposing them to other intellectual traditions within and outside Nigeria.
Applications are hereby invited from qualified academic staff for any of the following categories of training grants.
1. Grants for sponsorship in Nigeria or abroad, and
2. Overseas training grants for teaching staff currently pursuing doctoral programmes in Nigerian universities.
These scholarships will cover tutition fees and living expenses.
For further detail please click here or contact the Africa team on Africa@warwick.ac.uk