To give you more of an idea about what you can expect from this event then please read the information below.
The Campus Challenge session lasts for half a school day, fitting into the school time table. Please note that the maximum number of pupils for this session is 50. The event consists of a series of interactive activities and group work with current university students. The activities are aimed to encourage students to start thinking about university and include:
- Introduction to university
- Exploring different subjects that can be studied at university by going through a variety of university prospectus'
- Making an advert (which is recorded!) and poster for a university - 'Lights, Camera, Action'
- Design a campus - 'Build your own campus'
- Presenting back to the group
- Q&A session with members of staff and ambassadors
- Opportunities to interact with Warwick Student Ambassadors – Current University students.
|Time AM||Session||Time PM|
|09:00-09:30||Introduction and movement time to break out rooms (20mins)||13:00-13:20|
|09:30-10:00||Ice breaker (20mins)||13:20-13:40|
|University Countdown (if time available)|
|10:00-10:50||Workshop 1 - 'Build your own campus' or 'Lights, Camera, Action'
|11:10-11:50||Workshop 2 - 'Build your own campus' or 'Lights, Camera, Action'||14:40-15:20|
|11:50-12:10||Completion of evaluations in classrooms||15:20-15:45|
- An introduction to University
- An opportunity to meet current university students
- To develop in confidence and communication skills through group work
- To gain an insight into Higher education and the language used
- A positive interaction with university staff and students
- To encourage students to consider Higher education in the future