Student Progression Team Ambassador applications are now closed - they will reopen in October 2017.
About Student Progression Team Ambassadors
You will work closely with Year 9 and 10 students by delivering interactive workshops in schools across Coventry or Warwickshire. You will work with the same small group of students across six to eight weeks in-school allowing them to build on their knowledge each week. Your experience of student life is valuable for young people to understand more about university as a potential option for them.
Student Progression Team sessions are designed to raise the aspirations of pupils, aiming to inspire them to think about their future at a time they may be considering a variety of pathways. Ambassadors plan their own one-hour sessions with support from the University Coordinator.
- Attend an in-school launch event to find out more about your school and meet your pupils
- Plan and deliver six to eight hour-long mentoring sessions in a local school
- Support an end-of-programme campus visit day
For more information, please click here for the Student Progression Team Ambassador job description.
What will I gain?
- Develop key transferable skills in leadership, communication and planning
- Confidence in presenting information to a small group
- Valuable experience in working with young people and classroom management skills
- Share your university experience to inspire pupils across Coventry and Warwickshire
- Professional development support from University Coordinator
If you are interested in applying:
Please contact us by emailing spt at warwick dot ac dot uk to register your interest
Applications Open: Monday 3rd October
Applications Close: Wednesday 26th October
Selection Event: Thursday 17th November (pm)
Training: Saturday 3rd December and Wednesday 11th January