29 July – 2 August
An opportunity for academic departments to participate in the Warwick Sutton Trust Summer School 2019, by developing and delivering the academic element of the 5-day programme to enthusiastic Year 12 students, giving an insight to your subject areas.
There are six subject streams on offer, with each stream having a group of around 20 Year 12 students. Given the limited number of subject streams we are able to offer, we encourage departments to consider opportunities for subject disciplines to collaborate, for example where subjects overlap with degree options, or you may choose to combine subject strands where there is other obvious synergy.
Role of WP Team
- Planning, co-ordination and delivery of the summer school (including pastoral support and safeguarding students), meaning you only need to concentrate on the academic content for the week.
- Running the social programme and appropriate information advice and guidance sessions so they gain a real insight into what a 1st year student experience would entail.
Role of Departments
- Deliver academic content for the week (typically 4.5 hours teaching across 3 x 1.5 hour sessions per day).
- Departments in previous years have given PGR students the opportunity to deliver some sessions.
- Ahead of the summer school, arrange for a departmental representative to attend regular planning meetings.
- Submit session titles and all information requested by the WP team organisers in accordance with Summer School timeline
Please note, should your proposal be successful, the text you provide in the relevant section below will be used on the Sutton Trust website to publicise the Warwick offer. Visit the Sutton Trust website to view examples.
Deadline for submissions by departments is Wednesday 24 October
This form is closed and is no longer accepting any submissions.
Thank you for your time.