- We’re one of the UK’s leading research centres, playing a significant role in a number of large national and international research programmes. Our strengths include many multidisciplinary interactions within the University. We also have close connections with two other highly successful doctoral training programmes (the Midlands Integrative Biosciences Training Partnership at the Life Sciences interface; and the Mathematics for Real-World Systems Centre for Doctoral Training at the Mathematics interface). This provides many opportunities for collaboration and interaction with other postgraduate researchers.
- You’ll be working alongside research-active academics. You’ll receive your own desk space in the Department and will be loaned a laptop for the duration of your studies.
- Our postgraduates are highly employable. 100% of our recent postgraduates were in employment or study six months after graduation (Graduate Employment Market Survey).
Our graduates — destinations include:
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Cambridge
- Risk Analyst, Veterinary Laboratories Association
- Analyst Programmer, Tessella Ltd
- Postdoctoral Fellow, King’s College London
- Postdoctoral Researcher in Systems Biology, University of Warwick
In this podcast, Jo Rhodes from the Warwick Systems Biology Centre (WSB) explains her PhD research in under a minute.