The fundamentals of polymer synthesis and properties will be introduced, but then special focus is placed on modern instrumentation and analytical methods. You will receive expertise from international experts within academia and collaborating companies such as Syngenta and AstraZeneca.
You’ll gain hands-on experience in a variety of relevant techniques, enabling you to work in any modern laboratory since the skills you acquire will be readily transferable between disciplines. You’ll also have an incredible opportunity to undertake cutting-edge research with a world-leading group or company. By the end of the course you’ll be positioned to take up employment in research and development roles within a number of sectors, or to take up further study with a PhD. The department is exceptionally well equipped with a range of modern instrumentation, including many recent acquisitions.
- Frontier Instrumental Techniques for Molecular Analytical Science
- Chromatography and Separation Science
- Principles and Techniques in Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis
- Physical Properties of Macromolecules
- Polymer Processing and Nanocomposites
- Transferrable Skills
- Fundamentals of Polymerization
You will also study one of the following:
- Group Research Project
- Team Research Project: Real World Analysis
Plus two elective modules from:
- Molecular Modelling
- Mass Spectrometry
- Electrochemistry and Sensors
- Magnetic Resonance
- Advanced Colloidal Materials
- Polymers in the Real World
* The modules mentioned above may be subject to change. Please read our terms and conditions for more detailed information.
Based on the full-time, one year duration, the first 20 weeks are lecture-based, providing you with a diverse range of skills in analytical polymer science to complete a successful 20 week research project.
Full-time: 1 year
Part-time: 3 years
2:ii undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a related subject
English Language requirements
Department of study
Location of study
University of Warwick
Home/EU: £8,580 per year
Overseas: £24,640 per year
Home/EU: £4,290 per year
Overseas: £12,320 per year
Find out more about fees and funding.