Are you seeking a career in marketing or strategic management, brand management, or business planning in a management consultancy or a marketing agency?
The MSc Marketing and Strategy combines the two crucial disciplines providing the theoretical background for making marketing decisions, both within companies and from advisory perspectives in service providers and consultancies. Teaching illustrates the application of learned techniques to real situations.
The course emphasises that marketing is not a free-standing activity but needs to be at the core of company strategy. The dual strands of this degree enhance understanding of the broader implications of decisions for the organization as a whole, giving graduates the confidence and expertise to apply their skills in a variety of roles in company development.
Six compulsory modules and three optional modules allow you to gain a balanced understanding of the two disciplines on this one-year programme.
- Issues in Marketing Theory and Practice
- The Environment of Business
- Advanced Marketing Management
- Advanced Strategic Management
- Issues in Strategy: Theory and Practice
- Research Methods for Marketing and Strategy
- Project and Dissertation for Marketing and Strategy
Example Optional Modules:
- Marketing of Luxury Products and Services
- Financial Aspects of Marketing & Strategy
- Global Business Strategy
- Strategy in Practice
- The Diffusion of New Products & Technologies
- Marketing through Social Media
- Global Branding
- Service Marketing
- Marketing Analytics
As a research led institution, optional module lists are subject to change each year to keep the student learning experience current. For more information on the modules available on this course please visit the department website.
* The modules mentioned above may be subject to change. Please read our terms and conditions for more detailed information.
Six compulsory modules and three elective modules allow you to gain a balanced understanding of the two disciplines on this one year course. Visits from guest speakers keep a real-life perspective on your studies.
The course is assessed by a variety of coursework, exams, and a dissertation which brings all your learning together at the end.
Full-time: 1 year
2:i undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a related subject
English Language requirements
Department of study
Location of study
University of Warwick
Home/EU: £27,750 per year
Overseas: £27,750 per year