This MSc is ideal for those looking for a career in research, scientific writing, education, media and more.
Combining top quality English Language teaching from the Centre for Applied Linguistics, with advanced scientific teaching and research from our highly rated Faculty of Science, this MSc will give you the necessary English Language Skills, expertise in cross-disciplinary research and opportunities to combine these to successfully communicate science to various audiences.
- ET984: Scientific English language skills Optional (1 of 2)
- CH934: Writing focused scientific articles and reports Core
- CH933: Writing extended scientific articles and reports Core
- CH935: Communicating science to different audiences Optional (1 of 2)
- CH936-46: Research project
- CH956 - Research Skills I
- Any level 7 modules from the Faculty of Science or WMS with permission of the course leader
* The modules mentioned above may be subject to change. Please read our terms and conditions for more detailed information.
Students undertake 3 Scientific Writing modules (3 selected from the first 4 modules listed) and science modules from the list of MSc level provision given below to a total value of 50 CATS. They will be carefully advised by the course leader or a deputised academic to ensure a viable programme with consideration to academic and practical issues such as timetabling, prerequisites and numbers of CATS undertaken. Students will be required to take modules from at least 2 disciplines or departments. They conclude with a research project with significant emphasis on the writing of the thesis involving:
- Approximately 4 weeks reading and then writing an introduction
- Approximately 8 weeks engaged in laboratory work or equivalent
- Approximately 8 weeks writing a thesis.
Each scientific module is usually between 50% and 80% examined and 20 -50% assessed; the scientific writing modules are 100% assessed; the research project is 100% assessed.
Full-time: 1 year
Part-time: 3 years
F2:i undergraduate degree in a related subject
English Language requirements
Department of study
Location of study
University of Warwick
Home/EU: £8,580 per year
Home/EU: £4,290 per year