This MA is ideal for you if you wish to develop your abilities as an educational leader or manager. The course offers a multi-pronged approach, which enables the development of an academic career route as well as research-informed professional practice. At the end of the course, we anticipate that you will have developed reflective and critical capabilities, providing you with a sound basis for your next career move, alongside the necessary knowledge and skills to respond to a variety of educational leadership challenges within your organisation.
- Religions and Education (Distance Learning) (MA PGCert)
- Religions, Society and Education (Islamic Education) (MA)
- Psychology and Education (MA)
- Islamic Education (PGA)
- Global Education and International Development (MA)
- Foundation Research Methods in Education (PGA)
- Educational Studies (MA)
- Educational Innovation (MA)
- Drama and Theatre Education (MA)
- Drama Education and English Language Teaching (MA)
- Childhood in Society (MA)
- Leading Educational Change and Improvement OR
- Leading Educational Change and Improvement (Online)
- Foundation Research Methods in Education OR
- Foundation Research Methods in Education (Online)
This programme has a number of optional modules to choose from to allow you to achieve the required credits to successfully complete the programme. Our optional module lists are subject to change each year to keep the student learning experience current and up-to-date. For the optional modules available in this department please visit the department website.
* The modules mentioned above may be subject to change. Please read our terms and conditions for more detailed information.
You will take two core modules, two optional modules, and a dissertation in an area of leadership in which you are particularly interested. This will be your individual research project.
Programmes within the Centre for Education Studies are assessed through a variety of methods depending on the module choices each student makes. For detailed information on individual modules please visit the website.
Our graduates have progressed into roles such as:
- Classroom leadership innovators
- Local authority advisors
- International educators
- senior managers
To Visit Warwick...
There are a number of different ways to visit the University of Warwick throughout the year. We host bespoke PG visits, where you can talk directly with your chosen department and explore our campus through a personalised tour. Some departments also host their own events and open days, where you can learn more about your department or course of study. To find out more about all of these opportunities, visit our Postgraduate Visits page.
Full-time: 1 year
(September 2019 - September 2020)
2:ii undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a related subject
English Language Requirements
IELTS overall score of 6.5, minimum component scores not below 6.0.
Department of Study
Location of Study
University of Warwick
See Student Finance
For information on our scholarship opportunities, click here.
Additional Course Costs
Find out more about fees and funding on the University website.