Our MSc offers you the opportunity to study business and get specific insight into the world of finance. You'll study the underlying foundation disciplines of businesses, and then specialise in accounting and finance, learning from experts in these fields. There is a choice of Dissertation or Business in Practice route. If you are considering further academic study (PhD) and you would like the opportunity to research a topic relating to accounting and finance, the Dissertation enables you to test and apply the techniques and theories you have learned. If you would like to develop further applied skills and specialist knowledge to suit your career aspirations, you can complete your studies with two additional elective modules and our applied Business in Practice module.
- Accounting and Finance (MSc)
- Business Analytics (MSc)
- Business with Consulting (MSc)
- Business with Operations Management (MSc)
- Business with Marketing (MSc)
- Finance (MSc)
- Finance and Economics (MSc)
- Financial Mathematics (MSc)
- Human Resource Management and Employment Relations (MSc)
- International Business (MSc)
- Management (MSc)
- Management of Information Systems and Digital Innovation (MSc)
- Marketing and Strategy (MSc)
If you would like to view detailed descriptions of each module, please visit this page.
- Corporate Governance
- Foundations of Financial Management Accounting
- Quantitative Methods for Business
- Fundamentals of Economic Behaviour
- Corporate Finance
- Business Analysis & Valuation
- Strategy Analysis & Practice
- Strategic Management Accounting
- Research Methodology
Previously, a selection of the following optional modules have been offered:
- Ethical Leadership
- Digital Working & Organisational Transformation
- Entrepreneurship and Business Venturing
- Research Methodology
We offer a range of optional modules which reflect the research strengths of WBS across the business and management disciplines.. Please note that module availability may vary and that your first choice may not be guaranteed.
If you would like to view the full list of available optional modules, please visit this page.
* The modules mentioned above may be subject to change. Please read our terms and conditions for more detailed information.
Choice of Dissertation or Business in Practice route:
- Dissertation route - If you are considering further academic study (PhD) and you would like the opportunity to research a topic relating to accounting and finance, the dissertation enables you to test and apply the techniques and theories you have gained. You will be supervised and supported throughout and will usually submit your dissertation in early September. The Research Methodology module will help prepare you for the dissertation. In total you will study eight compulsory modules and one elective, and complete the Research Methodology module and a dissertation.
- Business in Practice route - If you would like to develop further applied skills and specialist knowledge to suit your career aspirations, you can complete your studies with two additional elective modules and our applied Business in Practice module. You will develop deep functional and industry expertise with practical insights from our faculty and our CareersPlus and Corporate Relations team. In total you will study eight compulsory modules, two optional modules and also complete the compulsory Business in Practice capstone module.
Students typically receive between 27 and 30 contact hours per module.
Mix of exams, individual and group work and tests.
Our graduates have gone on to work for organisations including:
- RBL Brand Agency
They have progressed into roles such as:
- Strategy & Client Support Officer
- Analyst Consultant
- Graduate Auditor
- Graduate Entry Schemes
Visit the WBS Events webpages to discover Masters events taking place at Warwick Business School.
To Visit Warwick...
There are a number of different ways to visit the University of Warwick throughout the year. We host bespoke PG visits, where you can talk directly with your chosen department and explore our campus through a personalised tour. Some departments also host their own events and open days, where you can learn more about your department or course of study. To find out more about all of these opportunities, visit our Postgraduate Visits page.
Full-time: 1 year
(September 2019 - September 2020)
2:i undergraduate degree (or equivalent). This course will suit a wide variety of candidates looking to break into business, and we welcome applicants from all academic fields.
English Language Requirements
IELTS overall score of 7.0, minimum component scores of two at 6.0/6.5 and the rest at 7.0 or above.
We accept a range of language tests. Please refer to our website for more details.
Department of Study
Location of Study
University of Warwick
See Student Finance
We have over £2million of WBS Scholarships available to the strongest candidates to our Master’s courses. You will automatically be considered for a WBS Scholarship upon submitting your course application.
For details of scholarships please visit our website.
Additional Course Costs
Find out more about fees and funding on the University website.