The Diploma in Strategy & Innovation has been expertly designed for business leaders and senior managers. Study at Warwick Business School at The Shard, and learn how to make strategic recommendations with confidence.
Taught from WBS London, The Shard, the Warwick Diploma in Strategy & Innovation is founded on the latest thinking and best practice, bringing our strength and reputation in the fields of strategy and innovation to help executives navigate the long journey successfully and realise their strategic organisational and personal potential.
You will learn to:
- Identify and overcome the challenges that companies face when trying to innovate
- Develop new ventures within long- or newly-established organisations
- Adopt new strategic approaches to company direction and decision-making in order to build successful business models which exploit new opportunities
- Take new approaches to stakeholder management, governance and funding
- Develop robust but flexible plans for strategic execution
- Creating Strategic Advantage
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Strategy Choices
- Strategy Execution
- Peer networks and debate: Questioning, discussion and debate with a support network of peers as well as truly interactive relationships with teaching faculty
- Bespoke distance learning platform: Inter-modular support from the my.wbs platform, which is used to deliver our Distance learning MBA
- Guest speakers and practitioners: relevant and relate-able speakers from industry and practice will feature within each individual module
- Personal development and action learning: Utilising reflective practice, psychometric tools and analysis as well as learning through doing.
You will be required to complete written assessments, plus a further strategic project. All assignments are designed to be directly related to your own organisational context and challenges. In order to gain the qualification of Postgraduate Diploma awarded by the University of Warwick, you will need to attend all four taught modules, and pass the assessment in each module and your project.
Four full-day workshops per module.
Minimum requirements Participants who will gain most from the programme may be facing strategic challenges within their organisation which need outside inputs and new thinking, and/or who wish to address areas within their own development to help them get to the next level of performance. Applications are encouraged from a wide cross-section of industry sectors, both commercial and non-profit/public sector, and business functions.
Applications are welcomed from candidates who can demonstrate that their experience and responsibilities will allow them to take an active part in discussions and benefit fully from the programme.
Successful applicants are expected to have at least 5 years of management experience that reflects the contribution and impact they have made as a leader in their career so far. Final admission decisions will be made by the Programme Director and Admissions Committee.
English language requirements Band B
all four language components have to be scored 6.0+, with maximum of two components at lowest level 6.0 or 6.5PTE: 70 - with 51+ in every section
CAE: Grade C – overall score 190 with 2 x 170 and 2 x 190
CPE: Grade C – overall score 190 with 2 x 170 and 2 x 190
TOEFL: 100 – minimum component scores: Listening 21, Reading 22, Writing 21, Speaking 23
All of our courses are delivered in English so, if English is not your first language, you have not graduated from an English speaking university or worked in an English speaking environment for at least two years you must demonstrate a minimum overall standard in the following recognised tests of English. The certificate will be required as evidence.
Duration 1 year, 4x four-day workshops plus assignments
We welcome applications from students with other internationally recognised qualifications. For more information please visit the international entry requirements page.
The programme is 12-months long and has a strong focus on personal development and action learning. Supported by a range of highly effective personal development tools, the outcome for you is to understand your own leadership approach and future potential.
If you are interested in undertaking an MBA in order to benefit from a broader range of applied business learning topics, on completion of the Warwick Executive Diploma in Strategy & Innovation you will be eligible to receive credits towards the Warwick MBA.
There are a number of different ways to visit the University of Warwick throughout the year. We host bespoke PG visits, where you can talk directly with your chosen department and explore our campus through a personalised tour. Some departments also host their own events and open days, where you can learn more about your department or course of study. To find out more about all of these opportunities, visit our Postgraduate Visits page.