- Partner University (your homw University) will send through the nomination.
- Nominations from Partners can only be received in reference to the current Exchange Agreements. Study Abroad team here at Warwick will verify this before sending out application instructions.
- Study Abroad team at Warwick will contact you via email with the application instructions.
- Application form is password protected - you will be unable to proceed with your application without having heard from us.
Any problems in accessing the application form, please contact the Study abroad team.
Internships, Traineeships and research only students are administered and managed by the academic department that has accepted and authorised their placement. Applications will be considered on an individual basis by the proposed academic department.
We have provided some pointers below for guidance but your chosen department will be able to instruct you on what they documents they may require from you in order to consider your proposal
Identify an appropriate University of Warwick academic department to host you
Identify an academic member of staff to act as your supervisor/mentor during your placement
Prepare your proposal, consider the followins:
- information on your academic interests and achievements to date (a curriculum vitae may be acceptable)
- dates for your placement and an outline of your aims and objectives
Submit your proposal to the relevant academic within the department you have identified, who will consider it within the departmental academic strategy.
It should be considered and authorised by a senior administrator and the Head of department in terms of feasibility, together with your academic supervisor/mentor.
If the proposal is acceptable to the department, it is essential that:
- a mutually agreeable work plan is confirmed
- mutually acceptable start and end dates are confirmed (be aware this will depend on academic interests, current areas of prominent work and departmental strategy)
It is important that you acknowledge that your application will be reviewed pragmatically by the academic department that you have identified and it is with regret that not all applications will be successful.
On receipt of written confirmation from the relevant academic department you can begin to look at the practicalities of your placement:
1. Apply for a student internship card here.
2. Consider if you require a visa to study in the UK, if so refer to the Immigration Services team.
3. Apply for accommodation – please note that you will you will only be able to do this once you have received your internship number.
The Accommodation Office website has valuable information about how to apply.
It is important to remember that accommodation can not be gauranteed and that applications need to be made following the Accommodation Office procedures.
The accommodation Office may require you to confirm that you are a current student at your Home University and a template letter has been set up to help you in providing this [click here].
Applying independently as a fee-paying student
If you are applying independently as an undergraduate visiting student, you can contact the Study Abroad team via the Visiting Student Enquiries form.
Please note the department of Law and Warwick Business School do not accept visiting students into their department.