Skip to main content Skip to navigation


Show all news items

Outbound students from Warwick: European Health Insurance Card, or EHIC (a "student EHIC")

If you are studying in another European Economic Area (EEA) country then you will need to obtain a “student EHIC”, if you are working or begin working after your study period you will need to register for state healthcare in the country where you're studying or obtain private healthcare insurance.Do remember that all Warwick students are covered under our own Travel Insurance Plan, for more information about the cover under this plan please see the Insrance pages on the Warwick website (

The application process is postal and requires you to provide a letter from Warwick confirming your study placement details, the information required has been added to our ‘To whom if may concern’ letter, which did omit some information asked for. If you require a new ‘To whom if may concern’ letter please contact the study abroad co-ordinators ( who will provide this and upload it to your unique study abroad folder.