Skip to main content



Why study abroad?

Whether your course at Warwick includes a mandatory year abroad, or if you are considering doing an intercalated year to experience studying at an overseas institution, you will find some of the opportunities that await you here. Studying overseas can add immeasurably to your personal development and future study and career opportunities.

Next steps

Now that you have decided to include a study abroad year into your degree, you will need to ensure that it is possible within your department and or course. Some degrees have a mandatory year abroad, so you may just need to choose the university or location. Some departments have pre-existing agreements with universities worldwide.

Click here to see the timeline for 2017/2018:


Whilst you're travelling

As you are making plans for your study abroad placement, this section will provide you with information and guidance on booking accommodation and travel, as well as insurance and information on registering with local medical centre. Students have also left their top tips for studying abroad.

Useful links

A brief introduction to Study Abroad

Frequently Asked Questions

Warwick Support

Student Finance England / Student Finance Wales / Student Finance Northern Ireland