Speaking to anyone who has participated in study abroad program will make you more determined if this is for you.
The Study Abroad Team, based in the International Student Office, are here to help you throughout the application process and your time overseas. Feel free to contact us if you have any queries.
What? and When? - Study Abroad Timeline
- Consider what you can and want to do - please refer to BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO STUDY ABROAD for more information.
- Apply for your chosen Study Abroad Placement through your department
- To find out more please speak to your Department first. You can contact Study Abroad team or just pop in to one our Drop-in sessions during term time.
1. Study Abroad Team will send your nominations to your host university. Than you will hear directly from your host university on individual application processes. Please note that all institutions have different deadlines and you are required to follow their instructions.
- Or application process through the British Council directly for Language Assistants placements.
- Or application for individual work placements
2. You MUST attend a Study Abroad Pre-departure Briefing.
3. You can attend Intercultural Training to prepare yourself for your Study Abroad experience.
4. Visit the website of your host institution to find out more information about being a Study Abroad student there.
- Study Abroad team will run Drop-In Sessions throughout the term and you are welcome to come along to ask any questions.
1. Consider what modules/job duties you might follow on your placement.
2. Consider your accommodation and travel plans - please refer to the information on our website for helpful tips.
3. You are welcome to join Study Abroad FB to connect with other Study Abroad students.
Remember that academic departments will expect you to be at 2:1 standard to allow you a year abroad