We know online resources are not quite the same as coming to our fantastic summer school and meeting new people but until we can meet again, we’ve put together some helpful online resources which might be of interest to you while you’re spending more time learning from home.
Helpful academic resources relating to our Summer School courses from Warwick University
The Knowledge Centre explains through video, editorial features and audio podcasts by Warwick University academics and alumni.
What is data science? Find out from leading Warwick Academic, Professor Graham Cormode.
Currently studying law? Watch these YouTube lectures by our own Dr Mohsen Al Attar
Find out about the latest news from the Psychology department at Warwick.
- Warwick Business School
Read WBS’s magazine The Core for up-to-date business news, features and insights as well as download their own podcast.
Download various webinars/papers and PowerPoints in our free knowledge exchange.
Health and Wellbeing
Help with meditation and calming your mind:
Both of these apps can be found on your preferred App store.
These websites have great advice and support
for your mental wellbeing and practical help:
Further wellbeing resources:
Previous Summer School Guest Speakers
We’ve been very privileged to have some outstanding guest speakers at our Warwick Summer Schools over the years. To get a taste of the calibre of speakers we attract, see some of our previous guest speakers’ work below:
- TEDx Academy Talk by Professor Jim Robinson on Why Nations Fail
- Interview with Nobel Prize Winner, Professor George Akerlof
- Vicky Pryce reading from her new book Women and Capitalism
- TEDx Talk by Professor Andrew Oswald, Warwick Department of Economics talking about the Economics of Happiness
- Professor Ken Binmore, Making Decision in Large Worlds
- In conversation with Lord Robert Skidelsky
Watch or Listen to the event
- TED Talk by Professor Tali Sharot talking about The Optimism Bias
- Professor Marie Claire Villeval talking about Unethical Behaviour: A Matter of Incentives and Punishment?
- Professor David Myatt ‘Playing for the winning team’
Free resources online
- Free courses on FutureLearn
- Cambridge University Press have released over 700 free textbooks during the lockdown.
- Tapping into creativity during lock-down -Article from the Financial Times
- BBC Bitesize
- Gojimo -Revision Help for A Level Students
Arts and Humanities
- Discovering English Literature - British Library
- British Library - Online Resources
- National Archives
- Shakespeare's Globe - Free Performances and Staging Resources
- National Theatre - Full length performance on YouTube every Thursday
- Broadway musicals you can watch from home
- Harry Potter's British Library Exhbition Online
- Learn an instrument online - free trial
- How best to learn independently online - Article from 'The Guardian'.
- Advice on keeping learning -Article from 'The Conversation'.
- Online Learning Resources from UCL
List of free learning resources.
- TES Resources -Download online learning resources.
- Tutor2U Online Classes
- 3Blue1Brown YouTube tutorials- YouTube Live streams every Tuesday and Fridays
- Khan Academy, YouTube tutorials, daily live streams
- Kahoot! Self Study
- Outschool - Live Online Classes for ages 3 – 18:
For your small family members
Resources from Warwick related to the pandemic and what we’re doing to help
International cooperation to tackle the virus spread
(Article from Warwick Economics Dept)