If you’re looking for a University that can:
- Link you with industry
- Provide good quality advice and guidance from specialist Careers Consultants
- Offer personalised help with job applications
- Deliver careers fairs showcasing a wide range of top employers
- Supply placements and internship opportunities, as well as graduate level jobs with over 3000 employers across all job sectors, take a look below at the full range of support and services available
You can get one-to-one advice, access workshops and events on academic writing, revision, note-taking and seminar presentations via Student Careers and Skills
- UG Skills Programme - develop your academic, personal and professional development skills and network with other Warwick students
- Academic Writing Programme - improve your academic writing ability so that the content of your piece is coherent, fluent and clear
- One-to-one Study Skills Advice - improve your study skills and academic techniques
- Writing Mentors - doctoral level researchers will help you to improve your written assignment skills
We also offer a variety of career-focussed skill development opportunities such as:
- Careers and Work Experience advice - Get tailored advice from a Careers Consultant linked to your academic department and use a range of assessment tools to help you discover your skills and strengths and understand how they relate to your career choice
- Careers Fairs - We hold five fairs (four in the autumn and one during summer) but also more specialised sector events covering a range of occupational areas during terms one and two
- Employer Presentations - We have an excellent relationship with over 3000 local, national and international employers across a huge range of sectors. We will provide an opportunity to meet with over 320 employers on campus through careers fairs, employer led presentations and information sessions, right throughout the year. You can make key contacts and put questions directly to graduate employers
- Placements/Internships - Student Careers & Skills will help you to find suitable placements and internships from a selection of hundreds of employers
- Work Experience zone - explore your work experience options and overcome barriers
- MyAdvantage - an on-line portal allowing you to research employers, job sectors, graduate schemes and internships
- Graduate support - Get face-to-face, email or phone advice and support with CVs, job applications, mock interviews and assessment centres, as well getting access to our vacancies database, including graduate jobs and internships for up to three years post graduation
Warwick Awards are designed to focus on developing you as a person and supporting your employability. Employers are looking for things that set you apart from other graduates and our award schemes support this. The awards will help you to increase your confidence and develop your reflective skills.
On completion you will receive a university endorsed certificate as evidence of your achievement.
Warwick Advantage Award- get recognised for the significant time and effortyou have put into extra-curricular activities and the skills you have gained.
Warwick Global Advantage Award- Acknowledgement of your global capabilities
through interaction with people from different nationalities and cultures.
Warwick Skills Portfolio - attend 6 workshops to help you to develop your academic, personal and professional skills and start blogging to record and reflect your experience
Warwick Skills Leadership Scheme - get relevant training to help you develop your leadership skills
Warwick Undergraduate Research Internships - being a research-led University, Warwick gives ALL its students the opportunity to carry out some research. If an undergraduate student and his/her supervisor have a project that they wish to pursue, then they can apply for URSS funding
- Social Enterprise Funding - get financial support if you have an entrepreneurial solution to a social problem which will instigate social impact or social change