About this page
We will update this page when we make significant changes to course information. This does not necessarily include minor corrections or formatting.
If you ever want to ask us about a change, you can contact us at webeditor at warwick dot ac dot uk.
25 April 2023
Updated ‘Subject Combinations’ section under A levels:
- We are looking for students with strong mathematical ability and A-level Mathematics or equivalent is therefore required for this programme
- We are looking for students with strong mathematical ability.
24 March 2023
Made several amendments to content.
Entry Requirement Tab
Inserted paragraph text under the heading "General entry requirements":
A successful application to this programme requires the application to be strong in all areas, including:
- Predicted/Current Grades
- Past Academic Record
- Personal Statement
- School reference
In the A Levels expanding box, changed the GCSE text to:
General GCSE requirements
You will need a strong set of GCSE grades including the majority at A (or 7) and A* (or 8-9). Your GCSE (or equivalent) English Language and Mathematics grades should be no lower than B (or 6). We also consider your overall GCSE subject profile. Find out more about our entry requirements and the qualifications we accept.
Added new text (within the A Level expanding box)
- We do not specify a subject mix at A Level, but we particularly value applicants who can demonstrate a strong breadth of study.
- We are looking for students with strong mathematical ability and A-level Mathematics or equivalent is therefore required for this programme.
- Further Maths and Economics are not essential, although they are fine subject choices for a student considering Economics at degree level. We treat them as any other strong A level subject: they have no special status.
- We will only look at your top three grades (including Mathematics). A fourth A Level will not be considered.
Removed the four FAQs provided and replaced it with the below text:
Course Overview Tab
After the ‘Study Abroad’ section, added a testimonial section with student photo to the side.
Hear from students
"Studying economics at Warwick is a fantastic experience. The University offers students a comprehensive economics education that combines both theoretical and empirical methods. The fact that the curriculum covers a broad range of subjects and gives students chances to apply their knowledge through research projects and real-world case studies surprised me..” Eleni, BSc Economics
Added a new paragraph after ‘...leaders in their field.’ to include the below text:
Watch second year Economics student Josh in a typical day in the life of a student at Warwick.
*embedded video* - https://youtu.be/YpoKyAo7R7I *
After ‘Our courses’ section and before ‘Related degrees’ section, inserted the following text:
Academic Resources Portal The Department of Economics have put together a portal of academic resources recommended by faculty members for anyone who may be considering studying economics at undergraduate level.
*BUTTON LINK* https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/economics/prospective/ug/resources