Welcome to Warwick
Our campus is always buzzing with activity – from the award-winning Warwick Arts Centre and our busy Students’ Union to our great sports facilities and live events. There’s so much to experience that your only challenge is finding the time to fit it all in.
You’ll enjoy the freedom to be independent but with the security of knowing you’re surrounded by people who can support you and share your experience. And with everything you need close at hand you can get on with enjoying student life.
Curiositea is where our Tuesday lunch tradition began. It’s a cozy, vintage style tea room which serves food, drinks and cake at good prices. My favourite thing to have there for lunch is the caramelised onion and houmous bagel. I like that Curiositea has themed weeks (for example Frozen last term: see the Olaf themed drink)... read more
Kiera Evans, second year History student
Entertainment and Nightlife
Whatever the time of day, there’s something for everyone, whether you’re looking to take advantage of our Student Union’s packed events programme or just want to relax with friends:
- Clubs and bars – SU nightclub The Copper Rooms and the Terrace Bar host regular club nights. Enjoy 90s and noughties classics at Pop! and School Dayz and house music at Mixology. For something more low-key, you can grab drinks and test your general knowldege at a quiz night at The Dirty Duck.
- Live music – Why not show what you’re made of at karaoke or an open-mic night? If you’d rather listen, you can take in live acoustic music at the Dirty Duck or our vintage tea shop Curiositea.
- Cinema – For film fans, head to the cinema at Warwick Arts Centre or join Warwick Student Cinema society, which screens around 150 films per year.
- Outdoor events – The Piazza provides the perfect setting for events including cultural celebrations displays and performances. It’s also home to our Big Screen, so you can enjoy outdoor films, theatrical performances and major sporting events throughout the year.
Food and Drink
There are plenty of places on campus to eat:
- Coffee shops, including Pret a Manger and vintage tea room Cureositea
- Bars serving snacks and meals
- Sandwich bar
- Rootes convenience store
- Red Rocket food van
- Bi-weekly food market during term time
- Two nearby supermarkets
The Chaplaincy is the focus of spiritual life on campus, whether you have faith, are seeking faith, or you are searching for a safe place to ask questions. You may visit to meet with friends or to find solitude in the midst of a busy term. Chaplains come from the Christian (Catholic, Anglican and Free Church), Jewish and Muslim faiths.
There are regular services for all Christian denominations, five daily congregational Islamic prayers, and Jewish students can meet for the Shabbat meal on Fridays. Our Islamic prayer hall provides prayer spaces for men and women, a halal kitchen, ablution facilities and a library. The Chaplaincy also organises a number of trips and retreats throughout the year.
Health Centre and essentials
We recommend that you register with the Health Centre when you arrive at Warwick. Situated close to the SU, it’s open throughout the year. NHS services are delivered by male and female GPs as well as nursing staff.
You’ll also find a travel agent, pharmacy, banks and bookshop on central campus.
Explore some of the peaceful spots just a few minutes’ walk from central campus by enjoying a walk or cycle around our lakes and green spaces. If you don't have your own bike, you can hire a campus bike, either on a subscription or pay-as-you-go basis. We also have new e-scooters, which you can hire via a mobile phone app. They provide a quick and easy way to get around campus.