Student societies at Warwick
The great thing about your university experience is that it’s yours to create.
With more than 300 student-run societies and sports clubs, you have countless opportunities to make your time at Warwick whatever you want it to be.
Sharing interests and experiences is also one of the quickest ways to form new friendships.
- Meet new people - Finding people who are as passionate about cinema, street dance, or whatever you’re into, gives you an instant circle of people you can connect with.
- Improve your employability - Employers look for graduates who have been involved in extracurricular activities.
- Try new things - Ever wanted to try salsa dancing, fashion photography, circus skills or DJ-ing? If so, now’s the time.
- Enhance your studies - Many academic departments have their own student-run societies, most of which are open to anyone, so you can dip into another area of academic interest.
- Have fun! - You may never have as many opportunities in one place to enjoy such a huge range of activities and interests, so make the most of it.
Societies still going strong online
This year has meant unexpected challnges for our student societies However, many of them have been running virtual events and get-togethers. We hope that very soon our societies will be running in-person events once again, so you can enjoy all they have to offer. In the meantime, take a look at what students from some of our creative student societies have to say on the topic of creativity and what it means to them.