We know one size doesn't fit all . . .
Warwick will be the first university in the Northern Hemisphere to introduce a new online service for its Student Careers & Skills department which will integrate all activities for students, graduates and employers.
myAdvantage uses software supplied by CareerHub based in Australia and will bring together services and resources relating to career and skills development, Warwick Voluntee
rs, work experience and placements, careers fairs and employer presence on campus. Students and graduates will be able to access targeted information
specifically relevant to them, and use tools such as a CV builder and an e-Portfolio to give them an advantage in the graduate job market.
myAdvantage will enhance the Student Careers & Skills department by increasing its capacity to report on and evaluate all of its work, thus enabling it to strategically plan and target services according to demonstrable need. This new solution will significantly improve both service quality and operational efficiency.
The new system will be launched on Monday 26 April with new features being regularly introduced throughout the Summer and Autumn terms.
How will myAdvantage improve the careers service?
- Ease of use: more user-friendly, customisable and relevant to your needs. Easily accessible information at a glance & ability to customise your own homepage
- New improved features: jobs database, events calendar, CV building tool and information resources to help career planning and skills development
- Alumni connections: will help to harness connections with Warwick Alumni, bringing graduate programmes to life and offering strong connections to current students
- Flexibility of delivery: to include features such as enhanced employer profiles including links to employer's advertised vacancies, events, online presentations, employer videos and websites
- Targeting strategies: employers will have the facility to promote their organisation through online advertisements and sponsored web banners
- Results measurement: statistical data for employers such as hit rates on vacancies and click-through counts from web banners, offering the ability to judge the effectiveness of various initiatives and approaches
- Managing feedback and discussions: information tracked so that proactive tailored support can be offered to employers to enhance recruitment programmes.
For further information please contact Student Careers & Skills:
Tel: 024 7652 4748