Back in 1086, Honiley was listed in the Domesday Book as 'Hunilege' The name means "Honey Clearing where Bees are numerous". At that time the area was mainly wooded, part of the Forest of Arden.
The fact that Honiley Manor lay partly in the Parishes of Hatton and Haseley gave rise to much controversy concerning titles. Before the Conquest Honiley was held by Alwold. In 1086 it was held by the Count of Menlon and passed to the Earl of Warwick. In 1553 it reverted to the Crown and in 1554 it was granted by Queen Mary to Michael Throckmorton. The Throckmortons were at this time living in Haseley. It then passed through Robert Earl of Leicester to the Burgoyne Family of Wroxall Abbey in 1623.
Subsequently it went to John Saudners in 1707, through to the Granvilles who sold the manor to Edward Willes of Newbold Comyn in 1837. It was in the same family until 1913 when it was purcahsed by Herbert Louis Wade JP and then on to his son, Captain M.C. Wade MC.JP.
In 1914-15 Honiley Hall was rebuilt as we know it today. It was sold in the early 1960's by John Wade to Warwickshire County Council to be used as an educational establishment until 1992 when it was sold back into private hands.
The first church on the site was founded by Simon de Montford. It was asserted that Honiley was "an exempt peculiar" and that St. John's Well was a place of Pilgrimage. "St. John's Bath and Our Lady's Bath being used respectively for the cleaning of incontinent penitents".
The tithe paid in Honiley in 1841 was ?167. There were 9 dwellings and 25 males and 25 females. There were 3 farmers and a dairyman with a large family. 30 Acres of Honiley were owned by The Trustees of Wroxall Charity.
The population currently stands at 48, and there are 22 dwellings.