A member of the local community collects a variety of hard-to-recycle items. Many of the items are recycled through Terracycle and some of donated to located charities. All items must be flattened, emptied and washed out and no crinkly plastic or black plastic food trays are accepted.
You can recycle items such as:
- Baby food pouches (any, wiped with caps on) & Ella’s kitchen snack wrappers
- Pet food packaging and dry food packaging; rinse and dried!
- Pringles tubes, lids and seals. NO OTHER BRAND
Access the full list of items and brands you can recycle here.
Asda (Brade Drive & Jubilee Crescent, Coventry & Leamington Spa)
· Plastic bags and films; clean bags, wrap & film bags, carrier bags & bags for life, bread & produce bags, Toilet roll film, Shrinkwrap & bubble wrap, Drinks multipack wrap, Cereal inner bags)
Argos (Guy Street, Leamington)
· Brita water filters near to the left hand door, as you face the shop from the outside
Bravissimo (Leamington Spa parade & all branches)
· They recycle old bras in all of their branches
The Body Shop
-Collect empty beauty products plastic bottles tubs, tubes and pots (except aerosol cans, perfume bottles, nail polish bottles and nail polish remover bottles) in Leamington, Coventry and Stratford. All brands are accepted
· Boots Opticians also collect glasses for recycling.
Boots (Leamington, Kenilworth and Coventry)
· Collect any brand of soft contact lenses, blister packaging and foil covers
Core (Park Street Leamington)
- Collect empty, clean jars with lids, labels removed. Tupperware type containers accepted.
Old blankets, towels, sheets, pillow cases, duvets, duvet covers, etc. Although not anything containing feathers or pillows. Phone beforehand to check if they want them.
Collect plastic milk bottle tops at Stratford-Upon-Avon Branch, possibly others. They also sell a lot of environmentally friendly products.
Mellors Chemist (Warwick)
- Collection box near the entrance. Used dental products such as toothpaste tubes, toothbrushes etc collected.
Based near the market place in Warwick. There is a collection box near to the entrance.
Oxfam, Marie Curie Shop and British Heart Foundation
Tesco Superstore (Emscote Road, Warwick)
· Air, Home and Laundry Care products and packaging including plastic air freshener containers & cartridge caps, household wipes packaging, plastic tubs & laundry/dishwasher tab packaging and fabric conditioner plastic bottles and caps.
The Body Shop (Leamington, Coventry and Stratford)
· Collect empty beauty products plastic bottles tubs, tubes and pots (except aerosol cans, perfume bottles, nail polish bottles and nail polish remover bottles). All brands are accepted.
Royal Priors Shopping Centre (Warwick Street entrance, Leamington)
On the left hand side, as you go into the Priors, is a green machine which evaluates and recycles your old mobile telephone. It will evaluate it and see if it is worth anything. If it is not, it will keep it for recycling (if you wish).
Ryman (Coventry & Leamington Spa)
· Offer collection box in all stores which collects old ballpoint pens, markers, Tipex pots, etc,.
There are many establishments which recycle pairs of glasses as part of Vision aid overseas with multiple collection points across Leamington, Kenilworth, Coventry & Stratford. See the links below for individual locations.
Birk & Nagra only accept glasses at the Leamington branch.
There is only one branch of Charnleys in Leamington Spa.
Vision Express accept glasses.
Zero Shop (Russel Street Leamington)
- Collect empty, clean jars with lids, labels removed.