1. How long have you been doing Triathlon and Road Cycling?
I’ve been racing as a triathlete for the past 5 years, starting during my year in industry before coming to Warwick.
2. What drew you to the Sport?
The challenge of competing in three different sports in the same event.
3. What does Team Warwick mean to you?
It’s just the whole team dynamic, whilst obviously everyone is competitive, we are athletes after all!, it’s all healthy and doesn’t come in the way of anyone in the club. If you want support or advice then the more experienced members are more than willing to pass on the knowledge they have gained and everyone just genuinely wants to see each other get faster and improve as athletes.
4. Can you tell us what you appreciate most about being part of Team Warwick?
The access to the facilities that we receive, these are of a big step up from what I trained with at home!
5. Varsity player’s first timers: How are you preparing for the games?
Whilst triathlon and cycling aren’t part of the varsity programme we still have events to prepare for including the Inter-Uni Aquathlon Championships and our BUCS events. We are training hard towards these and will be tailoring our efforts towards these events throughout the next term.
6. Do you have any pre-game/ competition rituals?
Breaking out the red and black war paint before heading to the start!