In a time when universities as physical spaces are harder to access due to Covid-19, it is more important than ever before that we continue to look outwards, to engage, and to partner with the wider world.
When we launched the Institute, we originally set out to find 30 Foundation Fellows. We have been overjoyed to surpass this due to the number and calibre of the applications we received. We have therefore created three categories of fellowship and appointed:
- Honorary Fellows, who help us build long-term strategic relationships across the University. The positions aren't time limited and we really look forward to building on these partnerships.
- Foundation Fellows, who are key to driving the work of the Institute forward over their two year terms as Fellows. We're very excited to see the direction they take us in.
- Associate Fellows, who make up the Institute’s wider support network and contribute to the work of the Learning Circles. They're also appointed for two years and we look forward their invaluable input!
Now we have our Engagement Fellows on board, we’re excited to fully establish the Institute as an interdisciplinary hub for the whole University. At WIE, all are welcome to discuss their approaches, exchange ideas, seek support and work together to create exciting new engagement opportunities for staff and students.
What will the Fellows do?
The Fellows will form a critical part of the Institute’s work in three main areas:
- Participate in Institute Learning Circles focused around key issues in the field of engagement and on the place of engagement at Warwick.
- Be part of, and help promote, a new network across the University of those interested in engagement, which will share best practice and expertise, as well as provide a voice for the importance of engagement within the student body, Departments and Faculties.
- Take part in major engagement events through the year with regional and national partners.
How can I become a Fellow?
Honorary and Associate Fellowships are awarded for a period of two years. We will be periodically holding calls for additional Fellows as appropriate. Please join our WIE Network to be the first to hear about our next call, as well information about other ways you can be involved. You can also get in touch if you have ideas and input for any of the Learning Circles/ the work of the institute.