Chair: Anthony Avery, Foundation Fellow - Warwick Events
WIE Team Link: Naomi Kay
Members: Amanda Bishop, Kayleigh Buckingham-Pegg, Mark Udall, Dave Harvey, Caroline Rushingwa, Rachael Kirwan, Jo Clark, Tom Goodman
Achievements January - July 2021
This learning circle is drawing on the practical expertise of the group to develop resources which can support staff and students to organise the practicalities of events.
Our work so far has included setting out our aims, liaising with other learning circles to avoid overlap, and beginning to map existing documents and resources that support staff in this way.
Additionally we’ve provided support to the WIE team in the procurement of tech hardware to enable hybrid events moving forward.
Ambitions into 2022
Moving forward we’re proposing the development of resources to support staff and students with their event aims.
This includes a review of practical event management resources, and additionally:
- a dedicated drop-in session focusing on event production technology;
- produce guidance video looking at platform options and methods for event production, to be complete before December;
- working with central ITS/ Procurement on University wide platform procurement.
- LC1: Staff Engagement Training
- LC2: New Skills of Engagement
- LC3: Guide to Promoting Events and Event Management
- LC4: Evaluation and Assessment of PE Projects
- LC5: Supporting Public Engagement elements of Staff Research/Teaching Funding Bids
- LC6: Student Training in Public Engagement (UG and PG)
- LC7: Developing a Pedagogy of Public Engagement
- LC8: Development of Best Practice for Talking to Different Audience Groups
- LC9: Promotion and Impact, Outreach and Engagement Review
- LC10: EUTOPIA Public Engagement Strategy Development
- LC11: Co-Producing Research and Collaborating with Communities
- LC12: Developing an Inclusive Engagement approach
- LC13: The Future of Engagement in Higher Education
- LC14: STEM Grand Challenge