Chair: Kate Astbury, Foundation Fellow - Faculty of Arts
WIE Team Link: Naomi Kay/Michael Scott
Members: Des Hewitt, Martine Barons, Emma Griffiths, Aruni Fonseka, Ross Forman, Rachael Kirwan, Graeme Currie, Katy Angliss, Tom Perry
Achievements January - July 2021
Members of this LC are working in conjunction with the WIE team to act as a "surgery": staff members seeking to submit research/teaching funding bids including elements of Public Engagement can come for advice and feedback on draft applications. Each application will be read by 2 members of the LC to offer feedback.
Ambitions into 2022
We have agreed in principle to support a British Academy Mid-Career Fellowship application (specifically including PE activity) within the Faculty of Arts as a test-case of our approach to reviewing bids.
We will also take a role in assessing bids for the new WIE Collaboration fund launching this Autumn. We’re also working to support updated guidance being developed for the WIE Skills FestivalLink opens in a new window.
If you'd like their support reviewing grant applications email a copy of your bid to firstname.lastname@example.org as far in advance of the deadline as possible. If we don't have sufficient notice it may not be possible to help.
- LC1: Staff Engagement Training
- LC2: New Skills of Engagement
- LC3: Guide to Promoting Events and Event Management
- LC4: Evaluation and Assessment of PE Projects
- LC5: Supporting Public Engagement elements of Staff Research/Teaching Funding Bids
- LC6: Student Training in Public Engagement (UG and PG)
- LC7: Developing a Pedagogy of Public Engagement
- LC8: Development of Best Practice for Talking to Different Audience Groups
- LC9: Promotion and Impact, Outreach and Engagement Review
- LC10: EUTOPIA Public Engagement Strategy Development
- LC11: Co-Producing Research and Collaborating with Communities
- LC12: Developing an Inclusive Engagement approach
- LC13: The Future of Engagement in Higher Education
- LC14: STEM Grand Challenge