THE HULL HISTORY PARTNERSHIP VISION IS...
- To give History undergraduates opportunities to develop and apply transferable skills to add to their Personal Development Plan (the module will carry the Hull University PDP badge) and employment portfolio and increase general employability;
- To embed an applied career skills education in the History BA degree programme at Hull University while developing links with our partners in the Hull History Centre (HHC) and local schools and colleges;
- To develop educational workshop materials for schools based on archive material, using the knowledge and creativity of undergraduate students;
- To engage sixth form students in research activities with History undergraduates to facilitate their AS and A2 studies and encourage their future participation in higher education (bridging the transition between school/college and HE);
- To build a mentoring scheme in which sixth form students are mentored by Hull University History undergraduates encouraging wider participation in HE;
- To involve undergraduate students in community and school activities, bridging the gap between higher education and the community to encourage future community volunteering and increasing employability;
- To begin to establish long term collaborative partnerships linking primary, secondary, further and higher education focused on the sharing and dissemination of historical knowledge in Hull.