The Retired Staff Association warmly welcomes new members, please follow the links below to join us...
Spring meeting: 8 April 2024 - Defects in Diamond: The good, the bad and the really useful - Professor Mark Newton
The RSA is a way for retired members of staff from the University of Warwick to stay in contact and keep up to speed on all the latest Warwick goings-on - see below for a link to an application form.
Being a member means:
- you'll be invited to attend meetings in Spring and Autumn with a speaker from the University followed by a buffet lunch (no charge) - the next meeting is on Monday, 8 April 2024 and will feature a talk on 'Diamonds' by Professor Mark Newton, Head of the Department of Physics.
- you'll receive the RSA newsletter and hear about current University activities, developments and achievements
- you can stay in touch with other retired members of staff
- you're allowed access to certain University amenities, including books and publications held in the Library, and also the Sports & Wellness Hub, Cryfield Village, at staff rates (but car parking charges will apply). The general public membership rate includes car parking which may be a cheaper option at this time. A retired staff university card is required to access these facilities so please contact the Membership Secretary who will advise the procedure for obtaining one.
- you can get involved with social activities with the rest of the group, from rambles and coach trips through to Christmas events and talks.
Even if you have moved away from the area, the RSA can provide a valuable means of keeping in touch - you'll receive regular newsletters as well as some of the University's own publications and mailings.
- Email Helen Blunt (email@example.com) for more information
- After becoming a member of the Association you may wish to join the Walking Group - email Godfrey Carr (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information or download this documentLink opens in a new window to let him have your details
- Read our constitution and founding principles
The University will process any personal data provided in membership applications and renewal forms, invitations to events, visits and walks for the purposes of administering and processing any payments in connection with being a member of the Retired Staff Association. By completing these documents, you have consented to receive information from the Association about its activities. If you no longer wish to receive this information, you may unsubscribe by contacting the Membership Secretary: Mrs Helen Blunt - Email: email@example.com.
The legal basis for processing this personal data is that it is necessary for the performance of a contract and consent.
Your personal data will not be shared or disclosed to any third parties external to the University of Warwick.
Your personal data will not be transferred outside of the European Economic Area, will be kept securely by the University of Warwick and will be retained for a period of one year after the expiry of your annual membership (one month in the case of events) unless you have consented to allow the Retired Staff Association to retain your data for an extended period.
The University of Warwick is the Data Controller of this information and is committed to protecting the rights of individuals in line with Data Protection Legislation. Please visit the University’s Data Protection webpages for further information in relation to your rights and how the University processes your personal data. The University’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted through firstname.lastname@example.org and any requests or complaints should be made in writing to the University’s Data Protection Officer.
- Spring: 8 April 2024
- Autumn: 7 October 2024
- Christmas meal: 9 December 2024