The project comprises ten work packages, based at both the University of Warwick (UoW) and the University of Birmingham (UoB):
Electricity, Efficiency of Energy Conversion and Power Distribution
* Silicon Carbide devices for power generation and power conversion applications, Professor Phil Mawby, UoW
* Development of smart power grid technology, Dr Xiao-Ping Zhang, UoB
* Renewable power gen & energy storage technologies, Dr Jihong Wang, UoB
Fuel Combustion for Transport and Power
* Sustainable engine fuels research, Professor Miroslaw Wyszynski, UoB
* Fuel combustion optimisation using optical diagnostics, Professor Peter Bryanston-Cross, UoW
Hybrid Electric Powertrain Technology
* Vehicle Energy Facility for automotive and sustainable power applications, Dr Paul Jennings, UoW
* Energy Systems Integration Laboratory for rail, heavy vehicle and sustainable power applications, Dr Stuart Hillmansen and Dr Clive Roberts, UoB
Sustainable Thermal Technology & Buildings
* Thermal systems testing, solar energy evaluation & testing, materials property measurements, Professor Bob Critoph, UoW
* Assessment of energy performance of buildings and associated training. Dr Mark Gatterell, UoB.
* Energy policy underpinning all research activities of the project, Richard Green, UoB.